Odin finished flashing firmware, but nothing changed on S10

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjca

Nov 29, 2022
Visit site
I have a TMobile Samsung S10, sim was removed when it had issue two weeks ago. It is not accessible after I type in the phone password, it then shows "phone starting", then black screen for few mins, then auto reboot; just repeat until I do not type in PW.

I could use Odin3 (v3.13) to complete flashing the latest firmwares on the phone. I tried TMobile firmware, and also Verizon firmware. But nothing changed on the phone. Still exact same issue. TMobile and Verizon should have different starting screens (pink vs red). But I always see Tmobile starting screen in pink same as before. Nothing change after flashing firmware. So strange. I double if the firmware was really flashed by Odin, although Odin showed "successful 1 / failed 0" and rebooted the phone. I tried more than 10 times with different firmwares on Odin.

Safe mode does not help anything, same auto rebooting after password typed.

Anyone have some ideas?

I had a thread about the issue of my phone, here https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...-black-screen-auto-rebooting.html#post7119853

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you use the correct version of Odin for that version of firmware? As I recall, it was very specific. And if memory serves correctly, not really backward compatible. Say if your firmware required Odin 2.3, and you had 2.5 it still may not work.

Now, I will admit, the last Samsung device I used Odin on was a Galaxy S3, so my information is quite out of date.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I already explained in your first thread you created in the link you provided.

[Going close this thread to avoid parallel discussion discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.