[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Any one else having over heating issues? I just had to swap out my phone and get a replacement. The last 2 weeks it would over heat daily. The phone would vibrate 5 times and shut off. And would not restart until I pulled the battery.

RC4 btw.

azumak

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Aha, I knew something was off about the notification bar. No more date displaying... It felt empty lol. Everything else is working well for me though.. I has having an issue on n34 to n36 where the battery percent in the bar, the time, and other things would freeze up. Couldn't enter text into some fields (making a folder in Root Explorer) but it hasn't happened yet on n37.

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Any one else having over heating issues? I just had to swap out my phone and get a replacement. The last 2 weeks it would over heat daily. The phone would vibrate 5 times and shut off. And would not restart until I pulled the battery.

RC4 btw.

my phone gets to 113 sometimes, it gets way to hot. but thats with any rom ever the stock one

Biffer

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Still no GPS for my Evo on CM7 final. I had GPS working for a while on RC2, then it quit working (as did SMS messages), so I quit using CM7 until the final release.

***Update from Cyanogen on XDA Evo Development forum:
There is still an issue with time injection with GPS. Effing buggy hardware I'm gonna work on it for the point release.

Good to know they are still working on it. Hopefully the known workarounds will work on the final.

Last edited:

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Still no GPS for my Evo on CM7 final. I had GPS working for a while on RC2, then it quit working (as did SMS messages), so I quit using CM7 until the final release.

I guess I'll try the Sense fix again, but I thought working GPS was a blocker to the final release, so wasn't worried about it. Hopefully others have better luck.

Sorry to hear that. Mine works perfect ever since I did the gps trick and its still working with the CM7 final like a charm. maybe the fix will work for you better this time around. Good luck.

gangland

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys I just installed. Cyanogenmod. 7.0.0 rc4 lastnight and love it. So is there an update that came out today 7.0 ? and if that is the case to install it I wipe cache and dalvik. Cache . Thanks

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys I just installed. Cyanogenmod. 7.0.0 rc4 lastnight and love it. So is there an update that came out today 7.0 ? and if that is the case to install it I wipe cache and dalvik. Cache . Thanks

Yes Cm7 Final build came out tonight. Just wipe cache & Dalvik and off you go:)

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
damn, just installed 7 final and Tango video calls still shows my picture upside down. :( oh well Fring still works right so I guess I still have to use that.

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So I got Cm7 running using rom manager, used titanium backup to restore apps + system data, then fixed permissions. For the last 10 minutes it's been stuck in the CM7 screen....

What should I do? Can I pull the battery without harm? Does it take that long to boot after fixing permissions?

Edit: pulled the batter and am trying to boot into recovery...going to wipe the dalvik/cache again.
Edit2: same thing for the last 6 minutes....dang. I guess I'll just nandroid in 5 minutes if it doesn't' get out of it.
Edit3: going to nandroid back. I might try it again later flashing from a Zip instead of using rom manager. I probably won't restore system data either next time. If anyone has any suggestions though please post them.
Edit4: not good...phone is bootlooping cyangen screen after nandroid.
Edit5: Cleared factordata, cache, and when I go to clear dalvik I'm getting
e unknown volume for path sd-ext

Any ideas here?

Edit6: I'm reflashing 6.1.2....okay...got through the boot and now I'm setting up the phone.

Last edited:

shadow6899

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
so the last few times i've tried updating my home key hasn't worked. It vibrates but the key doesn't actually do anything and it has annoyed me to no end. This has been a big reason why I haven't updated at all. Any fix? I am running 7 final.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys89