Official Froyo question - Application data

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I thought I would venture into the Nexus One forum to ask a question about the official Froyo build.

Google stated you can now backup application's data in Froyo if you have that option checked in Android settings. Have any of you been able to try this feature out? Maybe you've done a factory reset and experienced all of your data coming back WITH the actual application? ie: game's high scores, password keeper's entries, notepad entries, etc...

Let me know!

BobbyPhoenix

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes all apps come back. Tested it out. After factory reset a notification popped up saying 44 apps were ready to download. As far as settings go I haven't had that. All apps had to be set up all over again, but at least you don't have to go and search then download all of them from the market again.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Really, well that sucks. That's supposed to be one of the big features of Froyo, being able tob restore application data...

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...yeah, you're right, the developer has to enable it. I'm so pissed at Google for this. I guess my old Blackberry ways die hard. You could backup every single thing on a Blackberry.