Official Froyo Update on the Epic on Dec 26th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's looking like the update will not be out on the 26th. Internal messages within Sprint are saying it's coming soon but have pretty much said the 26th being speculated ain't going to happen.

I've been wondering about this. I had the opportunity to speak with Samsung support, and they claim to have no information about the update and they say that they won't know about it until it comes out.

Sprint has basically said that it isn't available yet and they don't know when it will come out.

I find it amazing that between Samsung and Sprint, nobody knows anything about the update. Another theory is that they do know something about it, but won't say anything.

I'd like this update so I can have a working GPS and the ability to save apps to the SD card. Incidently, Samsung sort of admits that some users have a problem with the GPS, but they claim that as long as Sprint Navigation works, that this is an indication that the GPS works.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Why did the Evo get updated to Froyo so quickly and why is it taking so long to get the Epic updated?

I want a working GPS.:mad: I have a clear view of the sky, start up GPS Test, as many as 8 satellites are in view. How many of the 8 are actually being used? ZERO!!!! I'll have to toggle the GPS off and on and then it picks up the 8 satellites.

I just don't get why Samsung and Sprint won't communicate any progress towards getting this released. The Intercept before Epic and now the Fascinate before the Epic.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've been wondering about this. I had the opportunity to speak with Samsung support, and they claim to have no information about the update and they say that they won't know about it until it comes out.

Sprint has basically said that it isn't available yet and they don't know when it will come out.

I find it amazing that between Samsung and Sprint, nobody knows anything about the update. Another theory is that they do know something about it, but won't say anything.

I'd like this update so I can have a working GPS and the ability to save apps to the SD card. Incidently, Samsung sort of admits that some users have a problem with the GPS, but they claim that as long as Sprint Navigation works, that this is an indication that the GPS works.

That's what I'm going to go with. I refuse to believe they don't know anything about it, they're the ones in charge of getting it out to everyone. My money goes towards them keeping their lips tight about it until there's an official announcement or release.

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
This is getting to be BULL$%&#!

I've got a gift for the wife that requires 2.2 that she's not gonna be able to take full advantage of until WHEN? 1-4 days was fine.......4 days-UNKNOWN is NOT! :mad:

hammer147

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
This is getting to be BULL$%&#!

I've got a gift for the wife that requires 2.2 that she's not gonna be able to take full advantage of until WHEN? 1-4 days was fine.......4 days-UNKNOWN is NOT! :mad:

Yep same here... Motorola Roadster speakerphone needs 2.2 to take make full use of voice commands.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Probably about the only thing I am looking forward to with an official Froyo release is the hopes that Sprint/Samsung got the GPS bugs worked out. Otherwise I'm more than happy on custom DK28 ROMs. Basically what I'm saying is I don't think I would ever consider running a stock OS again after seeing what custom ROMs offer you in terms of customizing you can't get when unrooted and on stock ROMs.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Probably about the only thing I am looking forward to with an official Froyo release is the hopes that Sprint/Samsung got the GPS bugs worked out. Otherwise I'm more than happy on custom DK28 ROMs. Basically what I'm saying is I don't think I would ever consider running a stock OS again after seeing what custom ROMs offer you in terms of customizing you can't get when unrooted and on stock ROMs.

im looking forward to it only b/c then the devs can make custom kernels with overclocking for my poor battery. I went back to 2.1 b/c 8-10 hours battery was pretty terrible. same usage with overclock(underclock) i get 20+hours

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
All I hope for is that the developers make the manual update from DK28 easy. Just as easy as getting DK28. Bcuz going back to stock wasn't working so well for me. Please!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to say it definitely is or isn't happening tomorrow, but don't believe everything you read either. This could entirely be true, but let's just wait and see until tomorrow comes and goes before jumping to any conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiny Flo