[Official] Gingerbread Update - Bugs, New Apps, etc.

AudioNut

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody powered the phone down and then back on again?
Mine boots in literally 3 seconds now..??

edit: just discovered "fast boot"
cool I guess

Last edited:

bcappell

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes It looks like Gingerbread killed 802.11n Could not connect to home router which is set to 802.11n only.
Reset the router to mixed 802.11g and n and it connected.

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Just updated!! :) My main problem I guess with Android is why not update to 2.3.4 so we can have video chat??? Always seems like non nexus users will always have old software smh.

theyams

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
EVO Shift?

I have the EVO Shift and I don't see the GB update available in the HTC Software update area. Has anyone else with the Shift updated? I hope it's just coming in a little while!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Evo shift is a different phone so no update. Although you got a leaked update for root users not long ago similar to rooted OG Evo users. Sit tight :p

Reactions: theyams

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok, the no LED for text messages is my main issue, I hope this gets fixed soon! LED's for voicemail and email work great. Microphone to speak text on new keyboard not working yet in the handcent app microphone works. I'm assuming it's a new keybord clitch. Also, thanks to the ones who found the alarm glitch! I'd of been later tomorrow if not for you <applause> Oh, and the Facebook app had smaller fonts, hard to read. Am I missing something to make font larger?

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Just a thought but couldn't the battery life display saying it's a high% be solely due to the fact that we're playing with the phone alot more today. Mines at 78% but I've been playing almost non stop since 11:30 am. Maybe not so much a bug?

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I was asleep for about 4hrs with my screen off but I'm getting a reading of 68% on the display in the battery usage section. I believe that's just a glitch in how usage is being tallied and/or reported because I only dropped about 4 notches in 4hrs. I was at 61% when I went to sleep and 57% when I woke up.

I also noticed that launcher pro is not working properly since the update. In launcher pro, I had the home key set to take me back to my 1st screen when I pressed it. Now when I press home it kicks me out of launcher pro and back to sense.

Another issue I have now is that when I press home while in sense I no longer get shown that little sub menu that asks do u want to use sense or launcher pro and gives me the option to make one my default launcher. I can't even open launcher pro from the market now, I had to download an app called home switcher and open it from through that.

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't see the HTTP proxy port and address anymore...the settings that caused the music streaming issue. Wonder why they took access to these away? Streaming audio working just fine however.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg