Official ICS Update for Amaze 4G (I need help!)

sebastiau

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
So I don't know how many people saw the official ICS update leaked for the Amaze, but I just discovered it today. This is my first Android phone, so I don't know what s-on and s-off means and how to "flash" things. I'm probably making it harder than it is, but help would be very appreciated. I want this update! Here are some links to files and directions posted by others, I would like help on instructions:

[ROM]RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.1_Radio_1.14.550L.17D C_30.78.550L.15_release - xda-developers

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM]RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.1_Radio_1.14.550L.17D C_30.78.550L.15_release

Thanks!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok first off, you have to unlock the phone with htcdev.com, it is easy, just follow the instructions. It might void the warranty.

Root the phone using the instructions here: Root HTC Amaze 4G On Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Permanently With 'One Click Root' [How To Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

not sure why you need hboot, but you can do it in the next step.

next follow the instructions here: Unlimited.IO

Dowload the file (the link you gave) and rename it to the file name specified. go into hboot and enjoy

Reactions: sebastiau

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
So I don't know how many people saw the official ICS update leaked for the Amaze, but I just discovered it today. This is my first Android phone, so I don't know what s-on and s-off means and how to "flash" things. I'm probably making it harder than it is, but help would be very appreciated. I want this update! Here are some links to files and directions posted by others, I would like help on instructions:

[ROM]RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.1_Radio_1.14.550L.17D C_30.78.550L.15_release - xda-developers

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM]RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.1_Radio_1.14.550L.17D C_30.78.550L.15_release

Thanks!

I posted about this earlier herehttp://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=149807

No need to unlock or root your phone and since the boot loader is still locked it will not void the manufacturers warranty.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sebastiau

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
So I did what you said and got ICS on my Amaze. Works great, but I have a few questions. How do I turn off vibration for when I type? It doesnt seem to be in the same place in Settings as before. Also, the apps on my home screen eventually stopped opening. I could touch them and they would highlight, but no opening. It worked to go to the menu but that was too much of a hassle. Are you having any problems?

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
So I did what you said and got ICS on my Amaze. Works great, but I have a few questions. How do I turn off vibration for when I type? It doesnt seem to be in the same place in Settings as before. Also, the apps on my home screen eventually stopped opening. I could touch them and they would highlight, but no opening. It worked to go to the menu but that was too much of a hassle. Are you having any problems?

I haven't encountered any issues myself. Here are some troubleshooting tips though.

Vibration=settings>language & keyboard>touch input>text input>vibrate when typing.

Facebook=settings>accounts &sync> Facebook>sync contacts

You can try deleting the icons and putting them back on the home screen. If that doesn't work try clearing app data (settings>apps>app name>clear data)
Also try just rebooting the phone.

If all else fails you can go to settings>apps>all tab>HTC sense(the one with the clock icon)>clear data. This will reset your launcher to stock so you will have to move your icons and Widgets back manually afterwards.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhesslim0130