Official/Unofficial 2.3.4 Gingerbread RUU Leaked

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official RUU Gingerbread Leak

Just confirming if I load this there is no way to go back to froyo if I had to return it to Verizon

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Unrooted, still reloading apps.... MLB at Bat not showing in Market. Had to use apk to get market to update. My Verizon app wouldn't let me sign-in, but Data seems to be working. So far so good. Wi-Fi working and 3G working. Will have to do a road trip to check TE. Battery life is at least as good. My charge has really hasn't dropped enough to tell.

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Just confirming if I load this there is no way to go back to froyo if I had to return it to Verizon

I believe you can just flash the official MR2 update and take it back to Verizon if needed! You can find the official MR2 update by searching the forums either here or XDA Developers.

78racing

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
application drawer has been updated as well, it scrolls in a page by page format.
you can also sort by downloaded app, all app, verizon apps, and frequently used apps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Can someone make a video/take pics of the changes or link to a video of the changes. I want to see what they decided to do differently since HTC said that Sense 3.0 aspects would find their way to the Thunderbolt (and I honestly don't believe they are going to... lol).

Spaky223

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Here's a quick piece my update service is down...last time my update service was down was when the Mr2 came out....I know many others service is always down but mine never really is...just food for though....

Mine is doing the same. I never get a service unavailable untill now.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I believe you can just flash the official MR2 update and take it back to Verizon if needed! You can find the official MR2 update by searching the forums either here or XDA Developers.
just tried that with an extra thunderbolt i have laying around and i get a error main verison is older. i dont want to upgrade my primary device until i know i can role back. i guess ill be waiting for the ota

Reactions: z71kris

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

just tried that with an extra thunderbolt i have laying around and i get a error main verison is older. i dont want to upgrade my primary device until i know i can role back. i guess ill be waiting for the ota

thanks thats good to know!

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by ksheth2130

Have you tried to do a hard reset, then flash back to MR2? Just a suggestion, let me know if you figure it out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Decided to go ahead and use this update on my rooted Das Bamf TB. I needed to get back to an unrooted phone. Upgrade went fine, phone is back, all services are running just fine, market apps are reloaded although I have the old market now but I really don't care about that.

motty69

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Loaded this up on my unrooted TBolt and while most stuff seems to work fine, there's no Hulu+ in the marketplace, and most of the mp4's I had on my sd card will no longer play, at all. Swype acts funny too. Might be going back to stock froyo.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't this mean that the OTA is only around the corner??

Shouldn't we all wait for it??

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Loaded this up on my unrooted TBolt and while most stuff seems to work fine, there's no Hulu+ in the marketplace, and most of the mp4's I had on my sd card will no longer play, at all. Swype acts funny too. Might be going back to stock froyo.

good luck getting back to froyo ive been working on it all moring and keep getting a failed message if u figure it out let me know.

motty69

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
good luck getting back to froyo ive been working on it all moring and keep getting a failed message if u figure it out let me know.

Le sigh, guess I should have waited.

I downloaded Rockplayer and the videos that would not play with the default player also crash in Rockplayer when I try to use hardware decoding, but play with software decoding.

Last edited:

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site

If you were unroot and loaded this, you are pretty much SOL. There is no current root method and no current way to go back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777