OK, so I should exchange for another...?

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Picked up a 42mm Bluetooth Galaxy Watch Saturday at Best Buy.

Charged it up, connected, set up as so:

No AOD, 15 second timeout, standard watch face, uninstalled a few apps I don't need.

Samsung Health tracking Floors, Steps, HR every 10 min, Sleep at night (not for long though, according to the watch, I sleep for about 90 minutes a night, and it's all marked as either awake or light sleep (I get a good 7-ish hours a night, though not as deeply as I'd like-anyways...).

It looks like I get about 24 hours of this type of use, especially since I started taking a couple 2 minute phone calls on it yesterday.

Charging from 50% to 100% takes about 2.5 hours, and from 100% to green light turning on can take anywhere up to another 45 minutes...and the watch is quite warm after charge. Not like burning hot, but warm enough to say "wow, that's warm", and blow on it a bit til it cools down before putting it on.

No clue what's normal, and what's not, but I'm seeing people getting 3, 4, 5 days battery life, and shower-length top-offs....seems I might have a dud?

Halp?

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Picked up a 42mm Bluetooth Galaxy Watch Saturday at Best Buy.

Charged it up, connected, set up as so:

No AOD, 15 second timeout, standard watch face, uninstalled a few apps I don't need.

Samsung Health tracking Floors, Steps, HR every 10 min, Sleep at night (not for long though, according to the watch, I sleep for about 90 minutes a night, and it's all marked as either awake or light sleep (I get a good 7-ish hours a night, though not as deeply as I'd like-anyways...).

It looks like I get about 24 hours of this type of use, especially since I started taking a couple 2 minute phone calls on it yesterday.

Charging from 50% to 100% takes about 2.5 hours, and from 100% to green light turning on can take anywhere up to another 45 minutes...and the watch is quite warm after charge. Not like burning hot, but warm enough to say "wow, that's warm", and blow on it a bit til it cools down before putting it on.

No clue what's normal, and what's not, but I'm seeing people getting 3, 4, 5 days battery life, and shower-length top-offs....seems I might have a dud?

Halp?
The charging doesn't sound right. Could just be a bad charger. Sleep is off on most if not all of our watches

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Also try adjusting the band tighter or looser for sleep tracking. Make it so you can just get a pinky under the band and make sure the band is not on the wrist bone.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Since you just got it, I'd start with a factory reset.
Thats good advice but do a full reset. It uses the buttons instead of the reset in settings. According to Samsung support that is the best way to do the reset. It won't hurt to try the reset in settings but it didn't help an issue I had where full reset did. Then I ended up exchanging anyway. Lol.

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Since you just got it, I'd start with a factory reset.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm on the 2nd factory-reset (buttons, not from the phone). I'll try this 2nd reset for a couple days, see if it settles, and then I think it's time to exchange...

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Try a factory reset or two, and then return it within the return window while it's still easy to do so. Samsung support is generally well-intentioned but incredibly unhelpful with these kinds of things. They just have no idea and follow scripts. So just try another one while it is easy to do so.

NIckkr

Nov 26, 2018
Visit site
"Charging from 50% to 100% takes about 2.5 hours, and from 100% to green light turning on can take anywhere up to another 45 minutes...and the watch is quite warm after charge."

Sounds Faulty. My watch is never warm after even a lengthy charge and charging is relatively quick. It could be the charger I guess. It's a pain it's such a unique affair and not a standard usb or you could have tried a different charger. Personally I'd return it while you can.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
"Charging from 50% to 100% takes about 2.5 hours, and from 100% to green light turning on can take anywhere up to another 45 minutes...and the watch is quite warm after charge."

Sounds Faulty. My watch is never warm after even a lengthy charge and charging is relatively quick. It could be the charger I guess. It's a pain it's such a unique affair and not a standard usb or you could have tried a different charger. Personally I'd return it while you can.
He could still try a different wart on the charger. It's possible the wall plug is providing improper voltage if it's faulty.

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Well, the 2nd reset might have done a trick or two...24 hours off the charger and I still had 63% left, 1 day 5 hours of predicted time....I just put it back on the charger to see how it handles that and how warm it gets...that'll be the big judge of whether or not I need to return it, but I *might* be OK....thanks all!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene