Oneplus 8 pro and Samsung S20 +

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Why do a lot of people not like the Oneplus 8 pro,i have tried one for the last few months and think its great and first ever Oneplus phone as was all Samsung from S2 upto my current S20+.
This Oneplus has kept me from going back to my S20+ for a few reasons,anazing fast Warp charging/screen is so sharp and clear/120Hz on browsing and main screen/Snapdragon chip is super fast and smooth and a very handy rocker switch like iphone to turn volume off and a few other stuff,also cheap as the OP 9 came out.
Dont get me wrong i love me Galaxy and would never sell it being a top premuim phone,also i can get a good 2 days very close on both phone with average to light use as i never play games which helps,i just wanted to try another make and so much good Reviews on the 8 Pro i just had to.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Glad you are enjoying your 1+ 8 pro. Is the camera as good as the S20+? How do you like OxygenOS? Is it on Android 11?

Hi.
Yes Android 11,as for the camera its seems very good and sharp even on a few zooms in,i have to say i do like the OxygenOS and added a few little things more than the samsung,seems to me you can customise it that bit more.
Going back to the camera i aint a pick very small details person but as long as its good and sharp and can see what i want to with the option of zooming it in it does me fine.poppy.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
There are a lot of OnePlus enthusiasts over here at Android Central! I am one of them, and have been a fan of OnePlus since the 5 or maybe the 3T.

I think there are some who think that OnePlus' camera isn't up to snuff just yet. That seems to be the main "gripe" I see floating around and honestly, it's one of mine too. The camera has drastically improved over the years, of course - but when I've had Pixel phones, I can see the difference in photos.

OnePlus used to be known as the "flagship killer" and I still hold it to that, but now that it's charging flagship-level prices for phones that still lack in camera performance and, in smaller models, lack of IP 68 ratings... Well, that unfortunately steered me away. For now.

But, OnePlus is a phenomenal line. Oxygen OS and Warp Charge are superb, along with that alert slider that I've always been dying to try! Different people have different needs and different views on devices. OnePlus 8 and all the others are still cool - it's just that it doesn't necessarily meet some users' needs. :)

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
There are a lot of OnePlus enthusiasts over here at Android Central! I am one of them, and have been a fan of OnePlus since the 5 or maybe the 3T.

I think there are some who think that OnePlus' camera isn't up to snuff just yet. That seems to be the main "gripe" I see floating around and honestly, it's one of mine too. The camera has drastically improved over the years, of course - but when I've had Pixel phones, I can see the difference in photos.

OnePlus used to be known as the "flagship killer" and I still hold it to that, but now that it's charging flagship-level prices for phones that still lack in camera performance and, in smaller models, lack of IP 68 ratings... Well, that unfortunately steered me away. For now.

But, OnePlus is a phenomenal line. Oxygen OS and Warp Charge are superb, along with that alert slider that I've always been dying to try! Different people have different needs and different views on devices. OnePlus 8 and all the others are still cool - it's just that it doesn't necessarily meet some users' needs. :)

Yes thats true we all have our own needs like you say camera,games etc,some people like a top camera and some are on games most times me myself i dont take a lot of camera shots that need to be 100% so to me a little off par camera as long as its very good does me fine (like the flower i posted) some would look for it being a lot better but to me thats perfect.
I have to say i have only tried the OP8 pro and loads of Samsung Galaxy S models and 1 Moto G8 power only for a long battery,my honest view on the G8 was bad,so slow and screen wasnt to good it was only the battery the main thing with this phone 4 days but thats what you get for a £120 area phone but it soon was sold.
I cant fault my S20 plus and it will always be my main one but just a few things thats pulls me back to the 8pro and i got to say the screen and on 120hZ is amazing,all my phones are always in a spigen shock proof case and screen protector on.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi.
Yes Android 11,as for the camera its seems very good and sharp even on a few zooms in,i have to say i do like the OxygenOS and added a few little things more than the samsung,seems to me you can customise it that bit more.
Going back to the camera i aint a pick very small details person but as long as its good and sharp and can see what i want to with the option of zooming it in it does me fine.View attachment 335161
Lovely poppy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod