Only 18% are going back to the Note7

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I also must add, those who probably want refund are the folks who got the original note 7 from samsung.com. apparently they are in limbo abd can't get a replacement anytime soon due to ups,FedEx not wanting to ship these, I read this on Reddit. They are all frustrated as they should be so that could be a valid group who will leave note 7 or get refund to repurchase from carrier.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Let's say for a moment you are right and that the Note 7 fiasco is soon forgotten and it sells well. No matter how well it sells and no matter how soon this fiasco is forgotten, Samsung cannot financially recover the billion dollars plus of the recall.

Hence the Note 7 will always be a huge liability.

Yeah....not gonna lose any sleep over Samsung's 'loss'...they are gonna do just FINE....

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Did people really expect the numbers to be higher than that after that media fiasco? Not to mention, the total confusion over replacements?

There is a reason Samsung has already moved on to the S8.

The Note 7 will remain a hardcore Note fan novelty phone. Heck, I'm tempted to pick one up just for that reason. I'll have an excellent phone not many other people have.

As for Samsung. I'll save my tears for real tragedies in life. Not a multi billion dollar company that will likely bounce back by the end of 2017.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably one of those who'll be sticking with the Note.

Just because my original unit had performed pretty nicely and the amount of sheer features and capabilities it has pretty much sold me on keeping it for a long time.

I do hope that not only Samsung takes this as something that should be learnt, but everyone else in the industry should treat this a lesson as well.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
One thing that survey doesn't account for is how many Android fans will actually be sticking it out with the iPhone. I've been on a few forums where people can't wait to unload them already because they're already bored lol.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I will say this, I already got a replacement, but I am having an issue transferring the Samsung Protection Plus to the new phone, been on the phone for two hours, and if they can't figure this out soon, I may just return for good. Customer service is a joke.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The recall has put a stink on the Note 7. I bet Samsung is working hard on the Note 8 and will introduce it and the S8 at MWC 2017.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Rubbish, I have not seen believable evidence that supports some mass exodus from the N7. Anyone who has one now will either get it replaced with a revised/safe N7 or they will choose something else (Some will have opted for another device simply because they needed a device and replacements were not immediately available or because the replacement process was rather messy).
Just my humble opinion.

Cheers,
BR

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Sure it does. It's just not a practical design unless you throw a case on it and then...what's the point of that non "I'll never feel it" premium material?

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Take that poll with a grain of salt. I would take it with a case of Morton's Salt to be honest.

The media have had their jollies posting false articles of kids getting blown up by this device. The media have long given up any semblance of journalism, fear, death & destruction is their game.

The carriers know the numbers. Samsung will know the numbers. If one of the carriers or Samsung release info on how many have walked away from the Note 7 instead of doing the replacement, then we will have hard data.

And if the number of 18% is even close to real. Then,,,,,,,,

We few, we happy few, we Band of Brothers, for he today that holds the Note 7 up, shall be my brother.

I'm sticking with the Note 7, what others decide to do.....so be it.

Well said just picked up my new replacement today from att

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Ouch.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 users opt for iPhones, cash: survey

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 users opt for iPhones, cash: survey

This poll is not Indicative of the note users and is not accurate information a million note 7 where purchased in the US at 900 pop a pop don't think those where casual fans most polls I've seen show most will wait for there replacement. I can Guarantee most in that poll don't even have the note 7

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
This poll is not Indicative of the note users and is not accurate information a million note 7 where purchased in the US at 900 pop a pop don't think those where casual fans most polls I've seen show most will wait for there replacement. I can Guarantee most in that poll don't even have the note 7

I think what alot of people are missing is, those who left didnt necessarily do so because of the Note 7 or the battery. They left because of Samsung as a company. They made a mess of a mess by handling this the way they did. I loved the note 7. Its the first phone I ever felt was perfect in every way but Samsungs customer service and how impossible they are to deal with pushed me away from them. I went back to Apple for the convenience factor. I know I can walk into my local Apple store and have any problem what so ever fixed for $99 with Applecare or $349 without it. I dealt with Samsung countless times with my S7 active and got pushed to my carrier every time. Then they did the same passing of the buck with the recall. Im hoping the Note 8 is flawless because I really want a Note but if there is a chance Ill have to deal with Samsung I will never give any of there phones another chance. I will wait at least 2 months for the Note 8 to be out and if theres no issues Ill buy one but if theres a single common flaw then forget it.

Am I happy with ios? Not really but I go back to them because the customer service, while not perfect, far exceeds Samsungs or any other phone company I know. Prime example, my kids 6 plus started acting up so we took it to the Apple store and in 9 minutes exactly we walked out with a new phone. The night before however they took 2 1/2 hours to correct her insurance being put on a random phone. In the end though I got answers and a fix in under 3 hours. Samsung took weeks to even give an explanation on what was going to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzle