Only Stock alarm works after upgrading from Marshmallow to Nougat

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm having a weird problem with my phone.

A few days ago, i updated it from 6.0 to 7.0. It's a Nomu s20, which uses a MediaTek SoC, and the only way to upgrade to Nougat (which is latest official firmware) was with SPFlash tool.
Upgrade went smooth, and everything was fine.

Except next morning my alarm didn't go of. Now, only stock alarm app seems to work.

This is really annoying because 1) i like to use a radio station as alarm tone (which stock alarm app does not support) and 2) i'm using an app i wrote myself to turn on my bedroom light a few minutes before my alarm goes off.

I have tried several other apps (alarmy, timely, bedr, etc), and all of them do the same thing: if i set an alarm for two minutes later, and keep using my phone, it works as expected. But if i turn off the screen for more than 5 seconds, the phone simply seems to forget everything about the alarm. The notification goes away, and nothing happens. If i open the alarm app, however, the alarm goes off, even though the time isn't right anymore.

The app, that i use to turn on the light asks Androids AlarmManager for the time of the next alarm and puts it in a text field. So after setting an alarm, this textfield will show when next alarm if. As soon as i turn off the screen, however, it will simply indicates that no alarm is set, as if the AlarmManager itself has forgotten about the alarm.

I figured this might be a change in how Android handles background activity, but i was under the impression Doze was introduced with 6.0? It was working fine (any alarm app, including my own light-app) before upgrading to 7.0 and also works on my wifes Nokia 5 with 8.1

What gives, and how to debug?

I have tried turning off Battery optimization for the apps, clearing cache for the apps, using the alarm while charging. No dice.

Any help appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter