Open Beta 4 for Oneplus 6 & 6T

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
[EDIT] A newer update has been released for the OnePlus 6T on Open Beta 4. See post #8, below.

OnePlus have just started the Open Beta 4 roll out for Android 10 OTA for the OnePlus 6 & 6T, (strangely enough, referred to as Open Beta #29 & #18 respectively, in the OnePlus Downloads & Update store), to test new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates. You will only receive this test firmware OTA if you are already on their Open Beta releases. This is their 4th Open Beta release for Android 10 in 3 months.

IMPORTANT: Before installing this Open Beta 4 update, you must have previously installed Open Beta 2 on your phone at some stage, to prevent issues.

Build date = 03 January 2020

Changelog

System

•Optimized details for Emergency Rescue
•Added a feature to support reminders for privacy alerts
•Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
•Updated Android security patch to 2019.12

Phone
•Added ringtone increasing and decreasing features for incoming calls

Reading Mode
•Fresh new chromatic effect for a more immersive and comfortable reading experience with smart color gamut and saturation adjustment (Settings-Display-Reading Mode-Turn on Reading Mode-Chromatic effect)

Android Security patch = December 2019

Camera version = 3.8.96

This is the 21st Open Beta release for the 6T in 366 days = 1 update, on average, every 17 days.

(N.B. Open Beta is NOT available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant firmware)

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: [*NEW*] Open Beta 4 for Oneplus 6 (#29) & 6T (#18)

For Indian users only.

Work Life Mode

Ying Yang symbol in drop down Notification panel

6yClA7ml.jpg

Work Life Mode

AlgwrOll.jpg

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

This Open Beta 4 release is now showing in Oxygen Updater as...

6T = Open Beta 21... in the OnePlus Download & Update store as... Open Beta 18... in Phone > Settings > About phone > OxygenOS version... OP6T_O2_BETA_33

6 = Open Beta 29... in the OnePlus Download & Update store as... Open Beta 29... in Phone > Settings > About phone > OxygenOS version... ?????

This should confuse the hell out of everyone!!!
clear.png

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

What a mess. It seems that update came with some serious issues, right?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

What a mess. It seems that update came with some serious issues, right?
After 18 hours or so, I am actually warming to this release of Open Beta 4, as it is now being referred to in the official OnePlus thread.

Initially, I was, for the first time, unable to pass the Safety Net/CTS check for apps such as GPay, on my OnePlus 6T global model, rooted phone.

However, without altering anything in Magisk, I repeated the clearing of Play Store and Play services and I am now passing the Safety Net check, (see screenshot). I can only assume that I may have incorrectly cleared one or other of the apps.​

ZTafXXul.jpg

vWPiMLml.jpg

SekccBgl.jpg

It also seems to be working on OnePlus 6 models...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81484677&postcount=5224

If you have an issue with Safety Net, CTS, it is worth clearing the services I mentioned, rebooting your phone and checking again.

Confirmed working on unrooted phone... https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...6-and-oneplus-6t.1155521/page-4#post-21258950

Also, early days yet, my battery after the initial charge, is holding up OK, see screen shots, and the phone seems snappier.

yuqEynzl.jpg

rPMKPK4l.jpg

Open Beta 4 is basically a reworked release of the Chinese H2SO Open Beta with Google stuff added and then released as a test firmware for Open Beta O2 testers. I think that was part of the numbering confusion initially. This has now been rectified in the OnePlus Downloads & Updates store and it is now referred to as Open Beta 4.

You know what it is like Javier P... whenever a new release comes up there can sometimes be a melee and it takes time to settle down... particularly on the Open Beta test firmware releases since there tends to be little or no information given to begin with, as to all the changes. Anyone looking for a so-called fix in the stock keyboards gap at the bottom, which is actually a Google feature to allow for gestures, is out of luck. See screenshot.

MLgA7lQl.jpg

All-in-all, the longer I use this Open Beta 4 test release, the better I like it... so far. I certainly would not now, go back to Android 9 PIE after being on Android 10 for 3 months. :D

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: [*NEW*] Open Beta 4 for Oneplus 6 & 6T

I have updated post #1 as it seems that it is necessary to have installed Open Beta 2 on your phone before you can install Open Beta 4. Therefore it seems unlikely that there will be a big OTA update for this release and it will need to be downloaded from the official OnePlus store, linked in post #1.

"IMPORTANT: Before installing this Open Beta 4 update, you must have previously installed Open Beta 2 on your phone at some stage, to prevent issues."

Therefore, I am not encouraging the use of Oxygen Updater from the Play Store unless Open Beta 2 has previously been installed. Should make this release good fun. :eek:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: [*NEW*] Open Beta 4 for Oneplus 6 & 6T

Interesting to note that OnePlus have now issued a newer, updated, Open Beta 4 build, (13 January 2020 build date), for the OnePlus 6T only, in their official Downloads & Update store...

O9dudrbl.png

No details on what this latest release is for yet.

Last edited: