Opera mini vs chrome

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was playing around with opera mini browser last night and was curious as to to what everyone though of that browser vs chrome? Thanks.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
That's a good observation. I also do the same exact thing which tells me if you love it, stick with it. Lol thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for trying new things :) I keep trying to like Firefox, but it just doesn't feel right. Chrome lags a fair bit though, so I might go looking for a new browser :)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for trying new things :) I keep trying to like Firefox, but it just doesn't feel right. Chrome lags a fair bit though, so I might go looking for a new browser :)
Yeah trust me, I know what you mean. I keep on trying new browsers every now and then and nothing feels right all of them from. Besides I like the Facebook notifications because that I even Facebook app because it takes too much memory and battery. .

Adam Ziarnik

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I've been dabbling with UC Browser lately. It has FB notifications too, if that's your thing. It has a nice (IMO) UI, and it's speedy. I tried Firefox recently - liked it fairly well for about 2 months of usage, and then after a recent update, it started crashing frequently on both my Nexus 6 and on my Galaxy Tab 4.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been dabbling with UC Browser lately. It has FB notifications too, if that's your thing. It has a nice (IMO) UI, and it's speedy. I tried Firefox recently - liked it fairly well for about 2 months of usage, and then after a recent update, it started crashing frequently on both my Nexus 6 and on my Galaxy Tab 4.
Mmm the uc browser eh? I suppose I can look into that one as well thanks.

Phazenine

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Opera Mini was good in glory days of pre-3g because of the way it compressed web pages and loading speed. But IMO and most others, Chrome is the hands down best browser out there period. It doesn't play nice on the battery live with some devices but since Firefox dropped the ball Chrome has pulled away as the best browser.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Opera Mini was good in glory days of pre-3g because of the way it compressed web pages and loading speed. But IMO and most others, Chrome is the hands down best browser out there period. It doesn't play nice on the battery live with some devices but since Firefox dropped the ball Chrome has pulled away as the best browser.
I do agree that chrome is the better browser of choice. It doesn't kill on my battery too much though. I just love the syncing of bookmarks feature. It's unbeatable!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Chrome is rather simple and clean. I'd prefer Opera mini. It has some quick accesses to many sites on its Home page. Easy to forward and go back to pages, add new tabs, check web downloads.
I swear one of Chrome's best features is the bookmark syncing from desktop to mobile!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord