Optimus V + Virgin Mobil

totombane

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought my LG Optimus v through ebay. it worked great for awhile till it compleatly froze when restarting tried pulling the battery and booting into recovery mode but nothing works. I have spent hours looking for the answer and posted on android forum but havent found anything that makes it work.
My question is can i get a new phone from VM even though i didnt buy it through VM?

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
VM replaced my first OV and were well aware that I didn't buy it from them. That was within the first week of activating my account though, so who knows if they'll replace it if you've had the phone for a while.

Unless you messed it up installing a ROM or something like that, never hurts to try.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Heres the thing. If you contact VM and ask for a replacement phone they might do it.

I just dont like this as technically its fraud if you dont tell them you didnt buy it from them or a authorized retailer. Plus in the long run it causes problems for the end users like the good people here. In time they will get tired of doing it and either raise prices to cover the costs (anybody remember the 25 dollar plan?) or stop warrantying anything period.

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If he didn't mess it up by hacking (getting a warranty replacement for a problem You caused is lame!) and tells them he didn't buy it directly from them, I don't see a problem. He'll be getting a refurb, which is more than likely what they'll turn his device into. Then it's off to someone else.

If it was hurting them too bad, they wouldn't even consider replacing phones that weren't bought through them.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
There's no warranty through whoever you bought it from on ebay? If you got it new it should have a warranty. If the retailer won't honor it and VM won't honor it the LG should have to.

Since these phones are built specifically for VM then I'm sure VM has the connections with LG to be able to handle the warranties. It's not VM who would be eating the costs of this.. it's LG I'm sure.

sheureka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't buy mine from VM and the proximity sensor went out - they never even asked where I got it when I called them. The new (refurb) came in 2 days.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't buy mine from VM and the proximity sensor went out - they never even asked where I got it when I called them. The new (refurb) came in 2 days.

Ive been through bout ten vm phones and each time they overnighted me a new one. Within 16hrs i was using a new one, none were of my fault. Of course this is a span of 5 or 6years. Just call and let them know what's up.

But when u do. If calling from ur vm phone tell them that you alread troubleshooted it.( if they ask, removed bat and held power for 30). And they will direct you to someone that gets your shipping addy and your good to go.

Seeing as the phone hasnt been on their shelves a year yet i'm sure you have a warranty.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zires