Oreo effect.

Zombienaut

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Evo Shift today, and as I was playing around with it I noticed that the bottom of the phone feels loose and can be easily moved side to side. Now, I've switched from the Palm Pre so I know about the orea effect, but haven't heard of it on any other phone. Is there something that can be done to help this? Like a case or something.

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Pre myself, it was kind of nice to read the words treo effect... How messed up is that?

On a more relevant note, I got my girlfriend a Shift (she had a Pixi before) and her phone is solid. It seems a little loose, but nothing to worry about, and definitely nothing side to side. I would exchange it.

~Drew

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine say 3 weeks had a case on it straight out the box never slide the phone before then it was to hard to slide so took it off and mine if you baby tap it it slides maybe a centimeter its a bit anoying =^\

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

pelikan3

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The two piece, hard cases that put the little teeth/tabs between the two halves, tend to make sliding difficult, and stretch the two halves enough to loosen them. You may be able to find a fix online. One of my palm pre's had an annoying front to back looseness that caused a slight rattle when I typed. I got some of those little, stick on, velcro discs, took the soft, fuzzy half, cut to size, and fed it up from the bottom,between the halves, onto the back of the screen half. It solved the rattle, made the slider feel better, and reduced the side-to-side oreo as well.

I will say, that ever since my early days with smartphones, when a Sprint branded case scartched up my screen. The manufacturer had riveted the case together from inside the phone compartment , then put a soft, cheap, fuzzy sticker over the rivets. One of the stickers fell off (they both came off easily) and the rivet scratched up my screen. Sprint considered this normal wear and tear, that their case damaged my phone, and the manufacturer was c