Oreo for Verizon is here

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
There is one thing that annoys me the most whenever I receive an operating system update. I lose all my chrome desktop shortcuts and need to start over again. Why can't they copy them over. Just needed to vent.

All mine are still there, but I'm using chrome beta.

apoc13

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
so i updated mine today...and now i can't change the icons...one of the features i love about lg....now when i long press an icon i get the menu instead of the little blue arrow to change the icon...anybody else having this issue? i haven't seen this addressed anyplace else maybe i'm the only !diot who changes his icons, lol

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to delete the pending update package? On past phones, I could clear the system cache, which would delete the downloaded update package as well. I just tried that now, and it's still in my notification bar. Haunting me. I did find the two "System Updates" apps in the app manager and deleted the cache on those. That removed the notification, but it wasn't much storage being used and I'm sure the installer package itself is still on my phone.

If I can't get it deleted, I'm pretty sure my days are numbered until it updates itself without my permission.

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I am no expert on this matter. It kinda sucks that someone like us can't control what updates the phone will eventually download without your permission. Pulling out the battery when you sleep will delay the download a little longer. At least you can wake up with no surprise in the mornings until someone can figure out how to stop it. 😱

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am no expert on this matter. It kinda sucks that someone like us can't control what updates the phone will eventually download without your permission. Pulling out the battery when you sleep will delay the download a little longer. At least you can wake up with no surprise in the mornings until someone can figure out how to stop it.
I use my phone as an alarm clock, though. At least where I work now, I don't have firm starting times and oversleeping generally isn't an issue if it happens.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I actually want to perform the update on my V20 but everytime I check Software Update it says that I'm using the latest software version for the current OS. I'm on Verizon but I bought the device unlocked.

Is there any way I can download the update and apply it? I tried LG Bridge as well, but it doesn't find an available update either. (This kinda thing makes me think twice about purchasing future unlocked devices... ugh)

Thanks all.

Current Software Version: US99610n
Android Version: 7.0
Model Number: LG-US996

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually want to perform the update on my V20 but everytime I check Software Update it says that I'm using the latest software version for the current OS. I'm on Verizon but I bought the device unlocked.

Is there any way I can download the update and apply it? I tried LG Bridge as well, but it doesn't find an available update either. (This kinda thing makes me think twice about purchasing future unlocked devices... ugh)

Thanks all.

Current Software Version: US99610n
Android Version: 7.0
Model Number: LG-US996
You wouldn't get the Verizon update. Updates are specific to the phone model and yours is not the Verizon version. If the unlocked version of the V20 hasn't had the update released yet (and I don't know if it has or not), then you would not see it in your update screen.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i've been using an updated phone for a week or two now and have a couple of questions...

1 whenever i open SETTINGS the top of the list shows me a suggestion to use on-body detection. i've swiped it away several times only to have it reappear whenever i open settings. can i stop it?

2 there is a tiny box now at the bottom of the screen that allows you to hide your home buttons. at first i thought this was a nice option to have. but since i like my home buttons always at the bottom of the screen i now find this annoying. i have accidentally hit the tiny target several times hiding my home buttons.

one thing i have to say that i really like and it may have been there before the update but i never used it is google maps. i was traveling last week and using maps to navigate. and whenever i opened my camera text etc the google map screen shrank but stayed on top. i could move it wherever but it was super helpful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397