Oreo Update Poor Battery Life & Sluggish Performance

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to wonder why all of these rediculous updates are even pushed out. Most of them seem to be more cosmetic than functionally beneficial. Their updates seem to make things worse than before.
I think most updates are successful. You just only hear about the ones that aren't.

classofpunk27

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely no issues here. Standby battery life is definitely better and performance is stutter free and so far no issues at all. I did do a FR soon after and I always recommend doing that after a large update like Oreo. A LOT of under the hood stuff changed so a fresh start is always recommended.

When you say start off fresh from factory reset, do you mean set up a new email as well? Because I used the same email and I'm still getting the same 3 and half hours of SoT I have everything turned off but wifi airplane mode on. Brightness down to 50% I have to charges this thing like 3-4 times a day. It's weird when I had the s8. I had excellent battery life.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
When you say start off fresh from factory reset, do you mean set up a new email as well? Because I used the same email and I'm still getting the same 3 and half hours of SoT I have everything turned off but wifi airplane mode on. Brightness down to 50% I have to charges this thing like 3-4 times a day. It's weird when I had the s8. I had excellent battery life.
No, but don't transfer any setting over. Just contacts and your personal information. I never do a restore from backup or any restore?

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Check your screen resolution. I have mine set at FHD now and removed samsung pay. Not sure which of those where killing my battery but I could not even last a day and when I am at work, I rarely touch my phone. Took my phone off the charger at 7am yesterday and just put it on this morning and I was at 75 percent still.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH