Otterbox Commuter Series Case

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I finally got my Commuter case and it is glorious!
sam_0283.jpg

I didn't want to clog up this entire post with pictures and words, so here's the link to my first impressions and the many many pictures included:
Otterbox Commuter Case for Motorola Atrix 4G | Minus Whale

Yes, some of those pics were taken with the Atrix's camera :)

Reactions: ka3yan

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the dusts were annoying at first but usually when i get my hands on it and start doing work/using it, the dusts fall off in the end. Its not a great bother, unless you bring it out of your pocket to impress the other sex haha.

I'm loving it so far.

NYGiants84

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I got mine in but am returning it... the case is amazing! but it just adds too much bulk for me... Think I'm going to go with the Incipio Feather case... If anyone lives in New Jersey, I will sell them the case, its brand new and I didnt use the screen protector...

BryanS

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the defender with my Atrix since the Commuter case wasn't available from AT&T directly. I've also placed an order for a Commuter. The Defender is a big case - it feels very protective and is much less slippery than the device naked. After using the Commuter on my Sprint Evo I'm thinking I'll be pleased once mine arrives.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I love it so far. Although the plastic feels a bit 'rough' and sometimes makes my fingers feel all dry and unpleasant.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I love it so far. Although the plastic feels a bit 'rough' and sometimes makes my fingers feel all dry and unpleasant.

Really?!?!? Is this an acceptable complaint??? :p

-21 man points

hoping mine comes in today...guess I'll stop by wally world on the way home and pick up some hand lotion :D

s0dhi

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I love the commuter case. I find the naked phone too small - this case adds protection and just the right amount of heft and size increase.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Really?!?!? Is this an acceptable complaint??? :p

-21 man points

hoping mine comes in today...guess I'll stop by wally world on the way home and pick up some hand lotion :D

hahahaha, well I'm just nitpicking here. Plus, this is the first phone I've used with a case so just felt like conveying everything lol

I'm glad I got mine when the coupon for 20% off and free shipping still worked. Seems like now its just free shipping.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I had no idea that the commuter case was so large. Thank you very much for posting all the pictures. It really helped me decide not to get the case. I bought the Incipio Feather case, but it was too small and felt almost slippery. So that case is on its way back to the OEM. I'm currently using a cheap black $3 TPU case from Amazon. I love it actually. I like to be able to take the case off to put the phone in my car dock, so the TPU case works perfectly.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Just got my OB Commuter case last night.

This thing, IMO, is perfect. I had the Defender and it was too much. I went to the Speck Candy Shell case and it was alright but I felt like I was gonna break something every time I needed to pull the case off. The OB Commuter doesn't add a noticeable amount of thickness to the phone compared to the Speck and I get that rigid outer shell and the caramel nougat center . Some have complained about the amount of lint that clings to the inner lining...I found with the OB on my N1 that after a while the rubber wears down a little bit, gets a sheen to it and no longer "attracts" lint.

Now, if my Zagg will hurry up and get here and I could figure out how to make my Beats headset work with the in-line mic button I will be one happy clam.

aa62579

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Got the commuter case in last night and I love it. I really don't feel like it adds much bulk to the phone at all, but it really makes it feel more substantial.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone's wondering, the screen protector that comes with Otterbox does NOT cover the whole screen, only from the bottom to below the front facing camera, LED notification light, proximity sensor, etc...

illini85

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Is the phone still pocketable (not a word...I know) ? I handled an Atrix with the defender and it was too much for my needs. I could see why people like it but overkill for me. Ideally I'd like a case that I can put on the phone for protection but still be able to put it in my pocket for daily use.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Is the phone still pocketable (not a word...I know) ? I handled an Atrix with the defender and it was too much for my needs. I could see why people like it but overkill for me. Ideally I'd like a case that I can put on the phone for protection but still be able to put it in my pocket for daily use.

with the Commuter, yes. Heck, because the phone is so flat, sometimes I don't even notice it in my pocket, but still know that it is there and not accidentally fall out, etc..

Reventrant

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the commuter case and love it. The bare phone was super slick. While great for sliding in and out of pockets, not so great for holding onto it. The case adds just the amount of resistance. Not to mention it is one very good looking case and protects well.

chulahoma

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel like the Commuter case adds too much bulk and I don't like all the lint it attracts. The screen protector that came with the case is terrible (all fingerprints). I am currently searching for a new case and definitely a new screen protector.