P12 Pro- 2 issues: notification badges missing and settings search results

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have two conundrums on my new P12 Pro:

1. I cannot get notification BADGES to appear for the life of me. I have tried everything including reset and system update,
2. Search in Settings search field always yields no results.

If anyone has any insights, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Long-press any empty part of the homescreen and tap Home Settings. Is Notification Dots turned on?

For the Settings search issue, try clearing the app cache/data for the Settings app in Settings>Apps. You have to tap Menu>Show System to find it in that menu.

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy. Thank you for the input. I do have Notification Dots turned on already and I did the steps for the Settings search but nothing changed; I still cannot search.

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Long-press any empty part of the homescreen and tap Home Settings. Is Notification Dots turned on?

For the Settings search issue, try clearing the app cache/data for the Settings app in Settings>Apps. You have to tap Menu>Show System to find it in that menu.
So, I took a flyer, installed Nova launcher, having no clue if it even works right on a tablet, and it not only works fine, but the notifications badges are on. I had to go into Nova settings then referred me to Android settings I think and viola. I got so fed up trying with 12 Pro's settings that I just gave it a whirl. Glad I did really. I also love the Google Now feed on the left screen.