P6 fingerprint bug?

mixa8x

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
Yet there are many Pixel 6 series users who no longer have fps issues after the January update.

Me and my five friends who have Pixel 6 (two have Pixel 6 pro) have a problem with fingerprint. You never know if it will react immediately or after 2-3 times ... or we will have to use a pin. All phones are from the German store. I think the comparison with the Samsung 21 is stupid in general, it works perfectly there. We simply have to accept that it will not work with Pixel in the way we expect ... It is obvious that it is enough for Google that there are users who have no objections to fingerprint and that it will leave it working as it did, especially since it is not clear whether it is hardware or software problem

Last edited:

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
yes...that's right...it shows the fingerprint icon but it does not work unless/until you use the power button to "wake" the lock screen. What gets me is that this is not a seldom used functionality, opening the phone is fundamental. Does Google know how to test? or do they just not care? OPENING THE PHONE, what could be more fundamental?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
yes...that's right...it shows the fingerprint icon but it does not work unless/until you use the power button to "wake" the lock screen. What gets me is that this is not a seldom used functionality, opening the phone is fundamental. Does Google know how to test? or do they just not care? OPENING THE PHONE, what could be more fundamental?

I have now had this happen! And not just once but repeatedly. Interestingly it never happened to me before the Jan Update, and it never happened before today. Checking with reddit, this is widespread. Google should be on this just like the fixed list of bugs for the Jan Update.

For me it isn't a showstopper, but it certainly is a genuine irritant.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have now had this happen! And not just once but repeatedly. Interestingly it never happened to me before the Jan Update, and it never happened before today. Checking with reddit, this is widespread. Google should be on this just like the fixed list of bugs for the Jan Update.

For me it isn't a showstopper, but it certainly is a genuine irritant.

Oh, no! Not you, too! That is such an annoying bug! "Irritant", is right!

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
After the January update the fingerprint sensor was still a bit slow for me so I decided to factory reset the phone and again registered each thumb twice plus both my index fingers in one registration and it's incredibly fast for me now. I'm using an amFilm tempered glass protector as well and enabled increased touch sensitivity in display settings. It's working great for me!

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've also been dealing with the FPS AOD issue. What's frustrating is it seems to be fine for awhile, works as expected. But then it will go back to no response for just as long. Sure hope this is fixed in the Feb update.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've also been dealing with the FPS AOD issue. What's frustrating is it seems to be fine for awhile, works as expected. But then it will go back to no response for just as long. Sure hope this is fixed in the Feb update.

How frustrating! Keep us posted on what happens next!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Yep factory reset and booting in and out of safe mode, fixes it temporarily. But then it happens again. Yeah hopefully Google is aware of this bug and has a fix upcoming.