Pb signing an ".AAB" in order to publish on Google Play

nounours18200

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

i have developped an application using MIT App Inventor, so I have got a ".APK" file (I have not used Android Studio for this application, and do not want to).

I have used Android Studio to generate a Key (through the Build Menu), which is named, let's say "keyname.jks".

In order to publish the application on the Google Play Store, I have converted this ".APK" file to a ".AAB" file, using "APK to AAB converter" utility on my smartphone. Then I have transfered this ".AAB" file to my PC to import it in the Google Play console.

But if I try to import this ".AAB" fle in the Google Play Console, I get an error message saying that "You have imported an APK or an AAB signed with a certificate including restrictions. You have to import one or the other signed with your own certificate": see the attached screen capture.

This error message let me think that i should sign ny ".AAB" file my own "keyname.jks" key, probably using Android Studio (?).
02.import ABB signature.JPG
Could you help me on how to achieve this signature, because I don't understand how to proceed.

Thank you very much
Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201