Phone doesn't lock

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have it set to require a PIN to start as well as a pin to unlock the screen. I have fingerprints in. I doesn't lock. I can just swipe to unlock it at any time. Anyone else have this issue?

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I do have a smart watch, no trusted locations

Did you set your watch up as a trusted bluetooth device? Sometimes you are prompted to do this when you pair the devices...it is easy to gloss over this step and just say "yes" when it flashes "do you want to set up as a trusted device?"

Source: Set up your device for automatic unlock

Trusted Bluetooth devices
You can choose a trusted device to keep your phone unlocked when that device is connected (you may need to manually unlock your phone first). Bluetooth watches, fitness trackers, or car speaker systems are good choices for trusted devices — avoid devices that are always with your phone or tablet, like Bluetooth keyboards or cases.

Steps to add a trusted Bluetooth device

Make sure you're secure when using trusted devices

Different devices support different Bluetooth standards and security capabilities. There's a possibility that someone could keep your phone unlocked by imitating your Bluetooth connection, even if your trusted device is no longer nearby. Your device is not always able to determine whether your connection is secure from someone trying to imitate it.

If you get a notification on your phone: When your device can't determine that you're using a secure connection, you'll get a notification on your phone and may need to manually unlock your phone before the trusted device will keep it unlocked.

Bluetooth connectivity range can vary depending on factors like the model of your device, companion Bluetooth device, and your environment. Depending on these factors, Bluetooth connectivity could be up to 100 meters. If someone takes your phone while it's near your trusted device, they may be able to access your phone if your trusted device has unlocked it.