Phone features not saved when powered down.

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I turned my phone off the other day and removed the battery for all of three minutes and when I turned it back on, most of my preset preferences were gone. Now I am afraid to turn it off ever again. Is there a way to lock in my preferences so that I don't have to reset them every time I turn my phone off and on? Is this an issue or just the way the notes work?

Posted via Android Central App

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You need to specify which preferences and why exactly you needed to do a battery pull.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok if your rooted and you dont have a perm root su.zip or supersu.zip this will happen every time and if your on an odexed rom

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
You need to specify which preferences and why exactly you needed to do a battery pull.

My third party keyboard disappeared and my background picture disappeared, and my multi screen bubble disappeared. Those are the three I noticed-can't remember anything else at the moment. I pulled battery to see how many gigs my phone has. Didn't think to look in settings.

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok if your rooted and you dont have a perm root su.zip or supersu.zip this will happen every time and if your on an odexed rom

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Def not rooted. That's foreign to me. I have all the original functionality on phone.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My third party keyboard disappeared and my background picture disappeared, and my multi screen bubble disappeared. Those are the three I noticed-can't remember anything else at the moment. I pulled battery to see how many gigs my phone has. Didn't think to look in settings.

If you bought your phone from a US carrier then you have a 16gig phone.
Keyboard problems happen to me as well. My phone constantly forgets keyboard preferences. I have since stopped using that keyboard so I cant help in those regards. Multiscreen bubble? I assume you mean the bubble that allows you brings apps on screen. If it has disappeared then you need to either make sure its activated in your notification panel and if it is then while on the home screen push and hold the back button for a few seconds, this activates the bubble.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about others, but keyboard will go back to Samsung every single time after reboot. It is a known issue on early versions of Jelly Bean. I think it was supposed to be fixed in 4.3, but I don't have 4.3 yet. :p

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
If you bought your phone from a US carrier then you have a 16gig phone.
Keyboard problems happen to me as well. My phone constantly forgets keyboard preferences. I have since stopped using that keyboard so I cant help in those regards. Multiscreen bubble? I assume you mean the bubble that allows you brings apps on screen. If it has disappeared then you need to either make sure its activated in your notification panel and if it is then while on the home screen push and hold the back button for a few seconds, this activates the bubble.

Ok thanks. Its not super major, just a little irritating to have to do it again and again. Sometimes I take screenshot of my apps and what page they are on because I'm afraid they will disappear and I won't remember which ones I've had. That happened on my HTC One pretty often.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The screen bubble is supposed to do that. It how to turn it on and off. Persobally I havent used multicscreen in many months so I leave it off. Hopefully I helped in some way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte