Phone gets stuck in reboot loop.

SproutRage

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
So I put my S7 Edge on charge and when I went to pick it up, the blue light was on but it was unresponsive.
I tried a soft reboot and it didn't work.
I waited for the power to die and then charged it a little. I was then able to get it to power up but it went into a loop where it would show the Galaxy S7 screen and then move to the Samsung screen. Here it would either freeze midway through displaying the word or just go black and start over again.
I finally got to factory reset it, that didn't work.
I eventually used Odin and reinstalled the firmware (Nougat).
It seemed to work for a day or two but started doing it again as soon as I tried to use IMDB app.
Then I reinstalled the Firmware again but went back to Lollipop. Again it worked for a day or two but, as soon as you try to do anything other than text or use Whatsapp, it started rebooting.

I am pretty sure this is evidence that the motherboard is broken. I just wanted to see what people with the knowledge thought before I go and spring for a new one.
In your opinions will a new motherboard fix this or could it be something else wrong or a combination of problems?

I just need some advice on where I should go with this from here. It is not insured, I cannot exchange it and I am not due an upgrade for another 6 months. I don't mind paying for a new motherboard I just want to know if that is almost certainly it before paying that cash out.

(Also, I am assuming the motherboard and logic board are the same thing ... or am I wrong?)

Thanks in advance and apologies for the rambling question/information. I hope I made sense!

Last edited: