Phone is on its way to Samsung for repair.

oper8or

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues with my 4g not connecting even in a strong signal area. Talked to Verizon and they wanted to replace it with a refurb. I called Samsung and they told me to send it in and they would repair it and return it for free. At least I know I will have the same phone and not one that was returned for who knows why. They said it would in no way affect the warranty. So if the cannot fix it I still have the Verizon option.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Good choice most manufacturers will include at least a one year warranty from date of purchase. Carriers dont tell you that cause they want to con you into their service/replacement plans.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Good choice most manufacturers will include at least a one year warranty from date of purchase. Carriers dont tell you that cause they want to con you into their service/replacement plans.

Hmm, "con" you in to their replacement plans??? Have you seen some of the posts on here that talk about how long some have been without their phones when sent to Samsung for repair? The "plans" are a way to protect yourself, not only for warranty purposes, but if you happen to drop or otherwise damage your phone. These circumstances would not be covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

If you have a back up device and/or you can live without your phone for a couple weeks then the mfr warranty is a good AND no cost option. If you need quick repair or replacement, or you caused the failure, a service plan makes sense.

Use your head and make an intelligent choice based on your needs. Don't buy into "scare tactics" from the sales person OR anyone who thinks a service plan is a con. IMO the plans that Verizon or other carriers offer are not always the best plans available. Do your research before buying your next phone to determine what is available from the seller. I prefer Best Buy because of their Black Tie protection. It has saved me 3 times and my wife twice. There are other plans out there too. Make the choice that's best for you.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

it is in the pamphlets that came with the phone...explains all about the warranty....unless you didn't read it.

also, carriers go beyond their legal obligation by taking the phone back within 1 year. really, carriers have no legal obligation to take the phone back for warranty repair, as your warranty is with the manufacturer or their designee. just like, if you bought a Dell computer from Best Buy, 6 months later, it breaks, you come back to Best Buy (assuming you didn't buy any extra protection), then what do you think they will tell you? Sure, we will take the computer back?

dems86

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Had to have mine replaced for similar issues as OP on my third day. Luckily radio Shack did a straight swap for a brand new one and I haven't an issue since, knock on wood.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Not to be the bearer of bad news but their repair department is horrible. They had my GS3 for about 3 weeks and not only didn't repair it properly but actually created more problems with the phone then when I had it before. I called to complain yesterday and the tech said that they are overwhelmed with defective Gs3's because the phone was launched on so many carriers. They wouldn't even replace the defective battery that my phone came with and the tech said that it's a possibility that they didn't even touch the phone. I had the same logic as the op but at the end of it I'm heading over to Verizon later today to get a refurb setup and at least a new battery. Samsung's warranty repair techs can't even directly communicate with you or even the techs that answer the phone. Supposedly they replaced a component and just left my battery in the box that I shipped it with. If you already sent it good luck but the turn around time that they quote you is bs. I was without my phone for over 3 weeks and they didn't repair any of the 3 issues that I sent it in for. I wish I had just opted for the warranty replacement through Verizon because a month ago there was a chance of getting a new phone.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but what's so wrong with calling Verizon? So they send you a CLNR, if you don't like that one the best call again and again till you're satisfied.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but what's so wrong with calling Verizon? So they send you a CLNR, if you don't like that one the best call again and again till you're satisfied.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
You are right and I should have just gotten a replacement from Verizon to start with. I've since called them and they asked me to go to a corporate store so they can reproduce the issues that I'm reporting. I've been busy the last week but I'm heading over tomorrow. I just have to make sure that the battery is low so they can see how long the phone is taking to charge because it seems to be a bit faster when I'm over 60%. They said they would normally just send me a replacement without a visit to the store but because I had 5 replacements on my Gnex I have to physically go in. The crazy thing is that i was ready to give up on the gnex after 2 or 3 replacements but they gave me no other option. Considering I bought this phone at full retail this should be a non issue in my books.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You are right and I should have just gotten a replacement from Verizon to start with. I've since called them and they asked me to go to a corporate store so they can reproduce the issues that I'm reporting. I've been busy the last week but I'm heading over tomorrow. I just have to make sure that the battery is low so they can see how long the phone is taking to charge because it seems to be a bit faster when I'm over 60%. They said they would normally just send me a replacement without a visit to the store but because I had 5 replacements on my Gnex I have to physically go in. The crazy thing is that i was ready to give up on the gnex after 2 or 3 replacements but they gave me no other option. Considering I bought this phone at full retail this should be a non issue in my books.

Verizon will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. Heck if I were you I would try the CLNR, see if that fixes your issues. If not I would try another (I am aware there are some melons out there), and if you still aren't happy go into the store and ask for a new one.

Wiseguyy

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Well how long did it take before you got your phone back ???? Im thinking of sending my phone to samsung with the year warranty..HELP I NEED TO KNOW A BALLPARK OF HOW LONG IT COULD TAKE??

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I recently sent mine back due to a complete failure. They replaced the mother board. Took a few days each way for shipping and they had the phone about 3 days at most. So I was using a back up phone for a little over a week.

I am back on my S3 now and it is working great!

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582