phone makes calls in speaker by default?

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
How do I stop this from happening? Any call I make once it tarts ringing its automatically in speaker... this problem just started today.

Khaelum

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me and I couldn't figure out what caused it. I rebooted my phone and its back to normal.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk + Swype

Redraider1

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The normal calling speaker blew on my first EVO, I returned it and they gave me a refurbished one and it always started calls in speaker phone mode. I took it back in and they couldn't fix it so the gave me another brand new one. Not sure what causes it but it is annoying as hell, if I were you I would take it back and tell them to give your a new one.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
it could be a default setting, check your call settings, or if you have switch pro, enable the speaker widget and the click it to disable this. it's an actual setting. you probably enabled it without knowing it.

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been doing the same thing since Monday. The only profile switcher I have is the HTC Widget that came on the phone. But this has no settings of its own that I can change. I've been through ALL the settings on the device and I couldn't find anything. I'll note that I'm currently expecting a replacement device from Sprint, because something happened to the charging port on my current one. Another thing I noticed that started Monday, is that whenever I have headphones plugged in and I'm listening to music, the media volume is constant. Moving the volume rocker will make the status bar appear with the current volume level, and it DOES visually move up and down, but the actual volume is constant. It won't actually lower or raise. I think the damage to the charger port really screwed up my phone, and it's for the best that I'm expecting a new one right now anyways. After the incident with the charging port, another thing I noticed is that the phone would now automatically go into car dock mode upon startup. Battery pulls are a constant, Sprint provided me with a couple extra batteries to keep my phone running (since I can't charge the phone with an actual charger). I bought one of those external battery chargers, and have been swapping out batteries as needed.

So I know a battery pull won't resolve the issue...with me anyways. I'm now worried that the replacement device will have the same issue. Because you others who are reporting it, probably don't have damaged charging ports like I do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans