Photon Q 4G

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Lots of news articles with no real info. Anyone know anything? Anyone care to speculate?

I'm especially intrigued by the "Q". Some articles speculate it means quad-core, others that it could mean a qwerty keyboard. If there will be a high-end Android on Sprint with a good keyboard, I'd be interested, even though my current contract is less than a year old.

It could make sense. Blackberry is dying, and sprint/moto might want to woo those customers as they look for their next phone.

mstevens528

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Sprint wont be producing anymore Wimax phones so if the Photon Q is coming it will probably be LTE equipped.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

luvbug

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I really like my Photon however. I preorder an S III. There is no information about this Phone so I can't wait need a new phone. I had the Photon since day 1. Love it but S III is the new one. So unless I hear something soon I'm jumping ship. Going to keep Photon as a backup for a while.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I saw the thing being tested by a relative, however, I got a picture! Head over to the thread I started here for it. It's buttonless as well. Since I didn't get to play, ask jfitzy questions about the UI, I never used it. However, the fact that we both saw something similar can confirm to those of you who believe in conspiracies that his phone does indeed exist.

Last edited:

Tha K.O.G.

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I would like it have all of the extra settings on it like the orignal with ICS. I'd also prefer it to continue to have the for hard keys at the bottom, hdmi port, the kickstand, and to make it a world phone. The upgrades for it to have would need a quad-core processer, slide out keyboard just like the epic, and the upgraded beats audio speaker because the original photon's speaker was kind of low. An upgraded music player by trying to combine some of the features that MixZing player has with Meridian player, and instead of upgrading the screen, upgrade both front and rear cameras and this would be the best phone ever, Battery life like the Razr Maxx and still able to switch batteries unlike the EVO LTE. Make sure the phone is able to doesn't powercycle because that was the biggest device known issue with the Photon and don't disable the drivers for the SIM card slot and this phone would be perfect. I'd pay full price for that phone.

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am losing it.. Its supposed to be based on the Motorola Droid 4, with Blur and with the Photon Features.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Another FCC article: Fire Photon torpedoes! Motorola Photon Q hits the FCC OET - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Interesting quote:
from article said:
Perhaps the most interesting and potentially controversial aspect of the Photon Q's FCC authorization is the inclusion of two references to the Motorola Admiral, a front facing QWERTY handset currently available on Sprint. One reference cites the Admiral as a "similar transmitter;" the other reference flat out calls the Photon Q the Admiral. Thus, while some sites have leaked photos of what purports to be the Photon Q in the expected QWERTY slider design, we leave open the possibility, however modest, that the Photon Q may arrive as an LTE refreshed Admiral clone with a front facing QWERTY keyboard.

Say it ain't so

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
It's 2012 and they're STILL using qHD? On to of that, only 8GB of internal storage and a 1780 mAh battery? Why can't Motorola get it right for once? It's no wonder everyone is flocking to Samsung. This is just the Droid 4 rehashed.

rpankoe

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
If the screenshot is any indication, it looks like release is Thursday 8/16 (look at date on the screenshots put out by Motorola).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene