Photos Taken With Your Nexus 4 Camera!

mmace

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for the dumb Q but how do you guys get the pics from the N4 to here? ...or I have them in DropBox too, but on here it wants a URL. What's the easy method?

radio
go "advanced" when replying and manage attachments, you can then upload to here
or alternatively, go to dropbox website, view your photo, right click it and copy the URL so you have the link you mentioned you needed

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I took my Nexus 4 on my wife and I's cruise this past week. I am very pleased with how they turned out. I played around with panoramic and Photo Sphere with some of them.

Here is the Google+ album of all of these pictures. My favorite picture is the Photo Sphere picture of the Falmouth Jamacia cruise port at dusk. I may get it printed and framed for my house.

Until I figure out how to share individual pictures from Google+, this is the best I can do.....

Parth Ghetia

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay so my opinion on camera quality. There are a few conditions you have to have in order to get really nice pictures from this phone in its current state:

1. Good lighting (a general requirement for most camera phones)
  2. An incredibly steady hand (preferrably two handed shooting)
  3. appropriate exposure setting

I feel like most people are having trouble with their cameras (as I was in the beginning) because the phone has to be held absolutely still in order to take great pictures. I think some anti-blur/stability optimization in the camera software will help a lot in this aspect if Google decides to implement it. I tried taking macro-like pictures of small things around the house and they only come out well if I play around with the focus a bit before taking the picture and making sure my hand is as still as possible.

The lens is good, but the camera software needs some work.

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I took my Nexus 4 on my wife and I's cruise this past week. I am very pleased with how they turned out. I played around with panoramic and Photo Sphere with some of them.

Here is the Google+ album of all of these pictures. My favorite picture is the Photo Sphere picture of the Falmouth Jamacia cruise port at dusk. I may get it printed and framed for my house.

Until I figure out how to share individual pictures from Google+, this is the best I can do.....
Very cool. Can't wait to play with these Photosphere images in photoshop.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Normal :
tank1.jpg

HDR :
tank2.jpg

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

On most cell phones, the camera lens is flush with the back of the device. The problem this creates is glare on the lens, either from direct sun light, or even from a bright white clouded sky. This glare basically sucks all the contrast (highlights and shadows) out of the image, leaving it much flatter looking. Sometimes a case helps fix this, because it protrudes out over the lens, but with or without a case, you can often times improve the quality of an image by using your free hand, held at the top of your phone, to put the lens in shade. This typically makes your images much more vibrant. If this location is nearby, try it out around the same time of day that this was taken. I'm not saying all this to tell you it's is a bad image, but I would want to know if there was an easy way to make something better. Photography is how I make my living.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Me and my gf modified using nothing my the nexus filters

And the second is no filters no enhancements.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356115480647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356115480647.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 85
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356115507069.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356115507069.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 82

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I feel that this camera is certainly not the best camera available, but it is very good "if" you are willing to play with it a bit in order to know what its strengths and weaknesses are. I am coming from a Samsung Galaxy S2X which has a fantastic camera. Here are my comments.

1. The settings make a huge difference. It is worth changing the exposure settings to a + or - depending on the situation
2. Hold the button down when you have flash on in order to allow the camera to adjust the exposure. It make a big difference.
3. Allow the camera to focus properly on close ups. Don't just click away when you have the time to take a good shot.
4. Try to not use a flash in low light. This is where this camera shines.

Here are a couple of shots I took. One without flash and exposure setting to -1 and the other with flash and exposure set to -2.
santa-close.jpg
santa-flash.jpg

I feel that the camera may be better than my GS2 in some cases but worse in others. Will continue to experiment with it.

GopherDroid

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
A lot of my shots are coming out very blurry / poorly focused. I tried holding down the button to take the pics, and that helps some. However, it's about 50/50 if the shot I take is acceptably clear or not. Changing the exposure settings helps some. HDR shots are usually horrid. I think the problem may mainly be indoors, but haven't taken enough pictures to be sure. Any suggestions?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
A lot of my shots are coming out very blurry / poorly focused. I tried holding down the button to take the pics, and that helps some. However, it's about 50/50 if the shot I take is acceptably clear or not. Changing the exposure settings helps some. HDR shots are usually horrid. I think the problem may mainly be indoors, but haven't taken enough pictures to be sure. Any suggestions?
Download Camera FX. It's a great app. I think there will be an update soon for the focus issue. The flash is also very bright but ironically I have been getting pretty good results taking flash shots in larger spaces. Normally a phone flash is useless from any distance but this works well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe