Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Lol, close! Blown head gasket on a 2.2 Chevy Cavalier. Go figure, right? lol

Haha, I should have gone with my first guess then. Too bad nobody ever seems to fix cavaliers, good money in changing a head gasket. Anyways, nice photo, tt looks like the flash did a good job. I haven't used the flash on mine yet to see how they come out.

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
New Years Eve on Beale St.
62fbb619-feae-0846.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Took this sunset one tonight. I had to take it quick since I was at a stop light, but it came out pretty nicely.

Then again, took the other one of my dog on Christmas eve. The Nexus seems to have no in between for quality. Pictures are either good/great or completely awful.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Took this sunset one tonight. I had to take it quick since I was at a stop light, but it came out pretty nicely.

Then again, took the other one of my dog on Christmas eve. The Nexus seems to have no in between for quality. Pictures are either good/great or completely awful.

I hope you don't mind but I saved your sunset picture and might use it as a phone background.... simply gorgeous! I named it Chicago Sunset.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I hope you don't mind but I saved your sunset picture and might use it as a phone background.... simply gorgeous! I named it Chicago Sunset.

Don't mind at all! Saw it when I was driving someplace, and had to stop and get a picture because its been a long time since we had one that awesome.

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I love how well this camera captures things that are moving without blurring them. I tried taking pictures with my canon digital camera and it couldn't do it (not outdated and I do know how to use it). The phone's camera did a nice job of capturing what I wanted with nice color to it. I am still not seeing why so many people dislike the camera on the phone, it works very well within what it should be intended for.

IMG_20120103_150609.jpg

IMG_20120103_144458.jpg

2012-01-03_15-04-49_HDR.jpg

This one was taken with HDR camera
2012-01-03_15-16-37_HDR.jpg

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus HDR Camera+ Test

Samsung Galaxy Nexus stock camera vs HDR Camera+ APP.

Below are daytime and nighttime comparison shots.

Daytime:
As much as I love the Galaxy Nexus, the camera is really not up to par with the rest of the phone, so I started using HDR Camera+ APP as a way of enhancing the images.

Here's a simple test between Galaxy Nexus' stock camera and HDR Camera+ App. actually the stock camera is not doing a bad job. The HDR of course is creating a more evenly lit scene and is popping up the colors and contrast a bit. Stock takes the pic in an instant, HDR will take a moment or two, not too long of lag. Overall the image seems superior to the stock camera.

testhdrcam++.jpg

Night time:
Obviously the difference is much more visible in daylight shots. in Nighttime, in someways the HDR is a handicap because it sits there for about 3 or so seconds taking multi-pics, so if your hands move, or your scenery changes, such as cars moving in front of the lens the image is basically ruined.

testhdrcam+++.jpg

So, with HDR, this is what happens with shooting moving objects at night. I assume this would also happen to fast moving objects in day light:

testhdrcam.jpg

and because of the time delay on HDR's multi-pic that's specially noticeable in low light shooting, it's impossible to keep the camera steady, so your images are actually more blurry than the stock camera.

testhdr-cam.jpg

Conclusion:

HDR Camera APP:
> Good for day light
> Bad for low light (unless camera is stationary and scenery is static which let's face it is near impossible for cellphone use)

I do like it for daylight though.

Reactions: Vance14

kpoverdorf

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Someones Altima SE-R

The beasts sleep.

Re-installing all my 1TB drives...

Overall I am satisfied with the camera. I think it's not the best but it def gets the job done.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
After taking some daylight shots, I have to say this camera isn't nearly as bad as it's being made out to be. I am using a third party app though: camera360. I used this app on my Droid X and now it seems to do wonders for the GNex.

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had much opportunity for testing outdoor shots this winter, even with a mild Ohio December-January, but have been experimenting with indoor shots. For me, flash shots are awful, period. I see some great ones on here, but haven't been able to duplicate it. Bright indoor lighting had fared better, and I am pleased with the results. Here a a couple of the better shots I have got. First one was with stock camera, second with HDR.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
For those who may be interested, here are 3 comparison shots with 3 different camera apps on the Galaxy Nexus. No post production on the images, they have only been resized.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Stock Camera
to view larger:
galaxynexusstock2.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Nexus CameraZoom FX
to view larger:
Camerazoom2.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Nexus HDR Camera+
to view larger:
hdrcamera2.jpg

The CameraZoom doesn't alter the image, so the overall quality is similar to the stock camera. However, CameraZoom has a nice feature called Steady Shot, that will waits until the camera is steady before taking the shot. So, it works as an stabilizing effect.

HDR Camera with all settings in Normal, creates more vibrancy and enhance contrast. Also with HDR you can choose to shoot in 16:9, which is a nice touch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vance14

tdiggitydog

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
More indoor shots please... read that outdoor photos or places with good lighting in general = good photon from GN. Poor lighting = slow focus, bad photo. Can someone confirm/deny?
I can in fact confirm dim and low light shots absolutely suck. The flash is incredibly bright and the flash is very aggressive. In a side by side test i did with an iphone 4 and the GNex the flash on the Gnex went off much more often in dim light which results in a washed out picture. Outdoor pictures are however fantastic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582