Pixel 2/2 XL - December Update (OTA) 12/5

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pixel 2/2 XL - December Update 12/5

Yeah.... I waited over 3 weeks for the November and then chose the "clear framework data"method and then I got it moments after...

But, I don't suggest anyone do that.... It killed a number of notifications and the phone went a tad wonky... Bad enough that I had to reset it and it is still not 100% as it was before...

So, await I shall this time or sideload it.... Then maybe a complete reset after just to get it right...

Yeah, tried this method(framework clear) for the November patch and it turned out poorly. Had to FDR to get things back together. I won't be trying it again.

nelson1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

Yeah.... I waited over 3 weeks for the November and then chose the "clear framework data"method and then I got it moments after...

But, I don't suggest anyone do that.... It killed a number of notifications and the phone went a tad wonky... Bad enough that I had to reset it and it is still not 100% as it was before...

So, await I shall this time or sideload it.... Then maybe a complete reset after just to get it right...

Unfortunately my experience was the same and I'll never use the 'clear framework data' method again. There were a lot of little nit-picky problems that took some time and effort to correct. Immediately after I did it someone posted an old article about why it was a bad method. I wish I had seen that article earlier. I'll edit this post if I can find the article.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

OTA.
But I cleared cache and memory on Google Services Framework first and restarted the phone. Then I went to system update and asked it to check for an update and it showed up.

Before doing that, nothing. Kept getting the message that the phone was on the latest version with September security patch.

Even if it got you the update I don't recommend clearing stuff from framework. That can cause other issues. One of them being Google's find my device may not recognize your phone. Also the beta program might not recognize your device.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I just sideloaded.... Tired of the waiting game... Was surprised how easy it was.... all is good.... Now to either sit and see how it goes or reset the device to just have a clean install... hmmmmmm

returnmyjedi

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

For those of you brave enough to go down the deleting Services Framework route, try taking the SIM out first. No idea why but this worked for me when leaving it in didn't.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

If it doesn't come via OTA, I'll be sideloading when I get back to my laptop Friday evening.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

For those of you brave enough to go down the deleting Services Framework route, try taking the SIM out first. No idea why but this worked for me when leaving it in didn't.

I do not advice anyone deleting anything from Framework. It causes other problems.

Also, it could be that it's just a coincidence that doing so gets you the update.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Could someone help me and post a specific link to side load December update , I'm seeing the full OTA image, I don't want to start over setting up my phone just update tks.
I have a YouTube video link to follow for the installation I think I'm okay there
Thanks for your help