Pixel 2 wifi connection issue

Nnelg77

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
My Pixel 2 has had issues trying to connect to my works wifi ever since I got it last week. My wifi work connection works like this: you select the network on the phone, fill out your name, etc then hit register, I then get an email at work saying I have a guest that wants to use our wifi – I select accept on the email. What happens next is that the login icon on the phone screen should then become active, I hit it and boom – on wifi.

My iPhone connects with no problems, ever. Yesterday it took me 40 mins to get on with the Pixel 2 and today I can’t even get on and I KNOW its not the wifi router or internet here at work. I tried using Firefox instead of Chrome on the Pixel 2 but that did nothing.

What am I doing wrong or is this an issue with the Pixel 2 across the board?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried going in to the WiFi settings, and seeing if you are being prompted to "login" Sometimes on Android its a bit more complicated to get this to happen. What I mean, is you swipe down, select the gear icon, then click on WiFi, and see if you are connected AND see if it says login or something similar. If so click on it and it SHOULD take you to the WiFi authorization page of your office WiFi.

Nnelg77

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried going in to the WiFi settings, and seeing if you are being prompted to "login" Sometimes on Android its a bit more complicated to get this to happen. What I mean, is you swipe down, select the gear icon, then click on WiFi, and see if you are connected AND see if it says login or something similar. If so click on it and it SHOULD take you to the WiFi authorization page of your office WiFi.

It says Connected, no internet. But my iphone is connected and working fine.

Nnelg77

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Found the fix: there is an icon at the bottom of the login page that I have to select which takes me to the login page where I put in the login data that was randomly generated. iPhone for some reason just connected without this step - anyways problem solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow