Pixel 2 XL Screen Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
After reading through this whole thread I think this screen issue is way overblown. People are getting hyped up about the blue tint at angles........ angles that we don't use our phone at. Maybe a glance from a distance at times but that's it. The colour maybe a little dull but other settings may come.

It's actually not overblown. Just a lot of denial.

Erica Griffin has been addressing the screen issues for the last 12 hours now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JjbMT_x6CM

https://twitter.com/iAm_erica

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It's actually not overblown. Just a lot of denial.

Erica Griffin has been addressing the screen issues for the last 12 hours now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JjbMT_x6CM

https://twitter.com/iAm_erica

There's no denial. For some people it's not a big deal. I have a XL 2 and the screen is fine. It does tint a lil bit after you tilt it more than 60° but that's it. People like you are trying to blow this out of proportion and making it a bigger deal than it is. If you don't like it, great, that's the good thing about Android, you have a choice to buy another phone that has different trade offs. It's as simple as that.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
There's no denial. For some people it's not a big deal. I have a XL 2 and the screen is fine. It does tint a lil bit after you tilt it more than 60° but that's it. People like you are trying to blow this out of proportion and banking it a bigger deal than it is. If you don't like it, great, that's the good thing about Android, you have a choice to buy another phone that has different trade offs. It's as simple as that.

There is a ton of denial everywhere.

I get it. You think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. But to me, the screen is just awful and I deserve better for $950.

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Actually Erica has now posted a video on YouTube saying that the Pixel 2 XLs display is not up to the current standard of the Note 8 or iPhone 8. She says it reminds her of older generation OLEDs. Thanks Google for selling expensive crap!

You don't have to buy the crap....GO get yourself a Note 8 and move along geeeeez.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
There is a ton of denial everywhere.

I get it. You think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. But to me, the screen is just awful and I deserve better for $950.

It's a phone man. I like it because of the experience it provides. I never said it was the best thing since sliced bread. Like I stated before, you have a choice, you don't like this phone, that's great, get something else that has its own set of compromises.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
For $950, people deserve better than just a decent display.

Rule #1 : *Never buy anything that doesn't excite you*. If the Pixel 2 doesn't excite someone they shouldn't buy it. Seems pretty basic to me.

For Google, hardware is a sideline, AI is their strong-suit. And they're mopping the floor with Sammy,Crapple,Windows whether anyone likes it or not. Personally I'm sticking with the Pixel 2.

:D

xplod566

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
The point is that the colours and icons kind of looks strange because of the shift in display temperature. Although u for black theme, what will u do for crome browsing?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't even say that. The bare minimum in a flagship these days has wireless charging.

For you maybe, but not for everyone. The utility of wireless charging right now is low for a lot of people. It may be a feature you value but it isn't a bare minimum for a flagship.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
For $950, people deserve better than just a decent display.

IN YOUR OPINION. That may hold true for you, but others value other things as well. A phone with an amazing camera, great battery life, and premium quality is enough for some people that a decent display is good enough for them. I'm not sure what is so hard for you to understand about your likes and preferences being subjective.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Seems like several folks here just to argue. Rule of thumb: If any compromise with any device is a deal breaker for you, hit the pass button and move on with your life. The type of vitriol and bickering we're seeing here is the type of stuff that will bring the mods down on this thread. Much rather just have a civil exchange of ideas. Just my 2 cents.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Seems like several folks here just to argue. Rule of thumb: If any compromise with any device is a deal breaker for you, hit the pass button and move on with your life. The type of vitriol and bickering we're seeing here is the type of stuff that will bring the mods down on this thread. Much rather just have a civil exchange of ideas. Just my 2 cents.

This!

It seems like people are here to argue because this isn't a Note 8, or a V30. Every device has compromises some are hardware, some are software. Pick what you like, and move on.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully we can all imagine that there's a real difference between the phrase, "not the absolutely bestest ever" and "that's frickin garbage mate". Yes? Terms like great, good, decent, average, etc all fall between those two extremes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD