Pixel 7.1.2 update

Ole Man Dan

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: 7.1.2 update

Just upgraded to Android 7. I have a Verizon Motorola Turbo 2. Last phone updated two months ago, then died the next week. Verizon sent me a replacement phone that finally updated this morning.
Who knows if and when I'll ever get 7.1.2

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

Maybe a possible cause of the delay for the users on Verizon might have to do with adding or correcting some issues with users on their network? Just a though here. First thing that came to mind

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

I don't think Verizon is holding it up at all, as there are already Verizon Pixel owners who have the update. I just think it's luck of the draw.

I haven't seen anyone that verified they are on Verizon and received this OTA. I would be happy to be proven wrong.

dpeters11

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

And if any are, is it a case of a Verizon user that got the phone from Verizon or got it from Google?

I'm on Verizon, purchased from Google, but I also am on the beta so I'm not a good test.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

I haven't seen anyone that verified they are on Verizon and received this OTA. I would be happy to be proven wrong.

I never took notice of that. The verizon phones I was aware of are being used on other networks. After chatting with Google they told me they send the update to the carriers and then the carriers send it out. So this is Verizon taking longer. Which is ridiculous. I thought the Pixel was marketed as getting updates the same time across the board no matter which carrier they were on.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

From what I can tell based on responses in this thread...

1. If you received your phone from Google and you are on a carrier not named Verizon then you should have the update available for download.

2. If you received your phone from Verizon and you are using it on another carrier then you should have the update available for download.

3. If you received your phone from Google but are using the phone on Verizon then you probably don't have the update available for download.

4. If you received your phone from Verizon and using it on Verizon then your probably don't have the update available for download.

You can still side load the OTA but it's still an inconvenience when we were promised by both Google and Verizon that updates would be available for all phones no matter where you got it from or the carrier you use it on.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

From what I can tell based on responses in this thread...

1. If you received your phone from Google and you are on a carrier not named Verizon then you should have the update available for download.

2. If you received your phone from Verizon and you are using it on another carrier then you should have the update available for download.

3. If you received your phone from Google but are using the phone on Verizon then you probably don't have the update available for download.

4. If you received your phone from Verizon and using it on Verizon then your probably don't have the update available for download.

You can still side load the OTA but it's still an inconvenience when we were promised by both Google and Verizon that updates would be available for all phones no matter where you got it from or the carrier you use it on.

Yes Verizon still has to "test" the update according to Verizon. So Verizon users are still going to fall victim to Verizon's painstakingly slow update process. So much for being the Exclusive carrier for the phone that is supposed to get the most recent updates as soon as they are available.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

This is only the first issue with Verizon about updates. It might not be a trend to worry about . I'm betting because it's with issues with this phone for certain people on Verizon. Things might need fine tuning. It's only been a day or two since release. It's not like it's been months or happens all the time

ksat

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

I sure hope this isn't because VZW is trying to integrate their new launcher/app called AppFlash (I think that's it..). Such garbage they are supposedly rolling out to all customers.

Also on 7.1.2 beta and Verizon and have not received update.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

Well, side loaded the E version. Will let you know of any changes. Good or bad..

f0d483273cf249c9756f7a91b274a050.jpg

dpeters11

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

I may need to download the image. Makes me wish I hadn't done the beta...having to wipe my phone will be unpleasant to get everything working again, particularly all my 2fa codes.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Verizon User with a Google Store Pixel XL 128...

No update here..... On Beta 7.1.2

Always got he update on time.... This is the first time to have been delayed....

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I purchased my phone from Verizon, running on ATT. I didn't look for the update, but it showed up on my notifications today. I haven't updated though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu