Pixel 7 Pro edge detection sucks!

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
Do you think Google can fix the horrible edge detection on the Pixel 7 Pro? I am very underwhelmed, especially by the cinematic video. The edges look blurry. When I'm at the gym, I always us my training partner's iPhone 14 Pro Max's cinematic mode as it feels like a professional camera with perfect edge detection around the subject.

This also applies to portrait photos, I feel even the old Pixel 4 had superior portrait photos. The Pixel 7's portrait mode feels like it was all done with software.

Thoughts?

davedigital

Oct 13, 2022
Visit site
I know that this topic is old, but... I do not think so. Because Google is releasing a new Pixels every year, I think, they are trying to bring some software bug-fixes and Android features and parallel is focusing on its successor. To be honest, I have had Pixel 3, 5 and 7 Pro and I have never seen or heard that Google drastically improved some photo/video features. They refreshed camera apps and its behavior and that was probably all.

To be honest, even if Google has taken a big step in improving video, unfortunately it is still not at the level that I would like to see. Videos taken with Pixel 7 Pro are still noisy even if there is enough light. This is possible to see on dark objects or backgrounds.

I hope Pixel 7 Pro was only a beginning and Google will improve video recording in the future.

According to edge detection - I would not call it "horrible", I have never had any big issue with it. It is not perfect but works better than what I saw in my wifes iPhone 13 Pro Max, so for me it is more than enough.

And what about Kino/Cinematic Mode? Oh, in my opinion Google wanted to show us that its flagship, Pixel 7 Pro can also do the thing what competitors can, but it is so limited that probably nobody uses it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien