Pixel 7 pro versus s22 Plus and s22 Ultra

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I have the S22 Ultra snap since April 2022, very stable phone but boring (I had the s21u for a year before) and the s23u looks like a copy/paste but with a newer snapdragon chipset. what annoys me most with samsung UI is that I have to sometime double tap to select something because samsung won't let you open an app or a setting if the scrolling effect is not 100% stopped

These are the points I concluded from the reviews so far, stop me if I am wrong

Advantages Pixel 7 Pro:
-UI is more fluid and responsive, specially vs the double tap thingy of samsung I mentioned earlier
-Main camera is better
-Speaker is louder
-Many more AI added values like unblur photos or portrait
-Root friendly as you don't have knox to stop your warranty
-Telephoto 5x is cleaner and sharper than 3x one of the S22U, and more useful in everyday life than x10
-Lighter

Advantages S22U:
-Bigger screen even though very slightly
-spen but I only used it to make more precise whatsapp stickers, I can live without it
-chipset is faster on paper though I personally I don't play 3D games on smartphones
-Resale value is excellent, dunno about the pixel(s)
-Charging time is like 30 minutes faster

??
Customization on the P7P are numerous if you root and flash a custom rom, stock rom has only a very few ones, AOD and lock-screen are weak on stock for example
If you root and use a custom rom on P7P, will it be able to hide the root from bank apps and virtual car for doors access app?
How long does it takes to charge your P7P from 30ish % to 100%?
Can you use the Samsung 45w charger?

So then S22Ultra sounds like the better option!

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Jesus I don't know what to do!!
Keep my S22U or switch to the Pixel 7 Pro or wait for the S23U?
S22U = Stable phone, speedy if you set animation to 0, great cameras, better screen, some funky customization like AOD and goodlock...BUT heavy phone, less ergonomic, has some obsolete software restrictions
Pixel 7 Pro = Full of AI stuff from photo editing to calls, lighter choice here and feels good in hand, better cameras, comes with 200gb free Drive storage, super smooth without limiting animation...BUT slow charging (could Google unlock true 30w in a future FW?), screen is less ''alive'' given some users reports, too few customization without custom rom, camera bar is very prone to scratches
S23U = S22U but with +3grm and better cameras most probably

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
If photos are a major selling point, then my recommendation is the pixel. Especially if you take photos of moving objects (kids, pets, etc.). Samsung has always struggled with shutter lag....

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
This! Pixel is the better camera, Samsung is the better phone. I've got the S21 Ultra and the Pixel 6. My SIM stays in the Pixel more often than not because of my 3-year-old. Constantly moving and never pausing for pictures. With the S21 Ultra I end up deleting a lot of pictures because they're blurry. With the Pixel, it's simple point and shoot for great pictures. I will say Samsung's software/ interface has come a long long way. Every time I pop my SIM back in that phone I fall in love with it all over again.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
This is the never ending conundrum. Get a new Pixel now and are we still happy when either the Pixel 8's come out or get the S22u and feel bummed out by the s23u. As soon as we buy a new phone and get accustomed to it, here comes the latest new deal. We'll only ever be up to date for a couple of months. Personally I like the Pixel 7 Pro over the Galaxy S 22U. Mostly from the cost, size, camera and Google Assistant, However neither one is a bad choice.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Jesus I don't know what to do!!
Keep my S22U or switch to the Pixel 7 Pro or wait for the S23U?
S22U = Stable phone, speedy if you set animation to 0, great cameras, better screen, some funky customization like AOD and goodlock...BUT heavy phone, less ergonomic, has some obsolete software restrictions
Pixel 7 Pro = Full of AI stuff from photo editing to calls, lighter choice here and feels good in hand, better cameras, comes with 200gb free Drive storage, super smooth without limiting animation...BUT slow charging (could Google unlock true 30w in a future FW?), screen is less ''alive'' given some users reports, too few customization without custom rom, camera bar is very prone to scratches
S23U = S22U but with +3grm and better cameras most probably
I have both the S22U and Pixel 7 Pro. I don't find I'm missing anything from the S22U.

Also I see you mentioned the Pixel 7 Pro comes with 200gb of Google storage. I am assuming you are talking about the Pixel Pass correct? I didn't get any storage with my Pixel 7 Pro.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Technerd71

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
This is the never ending conundrum. Get a new Pixel now and are we still happy when either the Pixel 8's come out or get the S22u and feel bummed out by the s23u. As soon as we buy a new phone and get accustomed to it, here comes the latest new deal. We'll only ever be up to date for a couple of months. Personally I like the Pixel 7 Pro over the Galaxy S 22U. Mostly from the cost, size, camera and Google Assistant, However neither one is a bad choice.

Completely agree.

Personally the more I use my Pixel 7 Pro the more I like it. I have a Samsung s22 plus and it is a great phone overall but it doesn't feel as fluid, the animations are not as nice, the cameras are not as good either.

That being said it is still an excellent phone overall. I just don't use a lot of Samsung custom features like Edge panels, and a lot of the other stuff. I am not a Bixby fan, and I really hate the duplicated apps, third party apps like Facebook, Onedrive that I can't Uninstall. OneUI is very nice overall but Pixel is better. Then you have all the Pixel only software and faster updates.

Hardware wise there is no doubt that Samsung makes pretty much the best Android phone hardware of any OEM.

As many others have said if I could get the Pixel experience on an s22 that would be perfect.

I would say don't buy the s22 no matter what. We are just a few weeks away from the s23 and the 8 gen 2 should be a serious upgrade in performance across the board as well as better battery life and hopefully better cameras and screen. Unless you just want to save money the s23 should be a much better phone and last longer.

If you are leaning towards the Pixel then definitely get the 7 Pro as it is a fantastic device we are still over 9 months away from a new release. Then you can trade the 7 Pro for the 8 if you want to.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Curious if anyone has experience with both the 22 plus and the pixel 7 pro or the s22 ultra in the pixel 7 pro and what they thought about it.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

I'm in this boat too: Pixel 7 versus Samsung Galaxy S22+. But I really do need a point and shoot kind of camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484