Pixel Bluetooth issues

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Mine works perfect with two Ford Syncs. An SB30, and a Kia system.
With your Ford Sync vehicles, does the Pixel automatically reconnect if it has not been connected for awhile or if the Pixel has been rebooted? I sometimes have to go into the bluetooth menus on both the truck and on the phone and try to get them to connect. Sometimes it works, sometimes it takes several tries. If they are disconnected for a short time they will usually automatically reconnect, but not if there is a significant period of time where they are not connected. I have Sync 3 with the latest (Dec. 2016) update. This issue is terribly frustrating.

The bluetooth issue and not being approved by AT&T as an HD voice device (which precludes me from using numbersync with my Gear S3) are my biggest gripes about the Pixel. This second issue is on AT&T, but it is still a problem.

Go42

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Mine pairs but does NOT hand off. I shut my car off with my BT plantronics on my ear and the call goes to internal speaker instead of the freaking earpiece.

a_parsons

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

Just wanted to say that I had the same problem with my 2017 accord and pixel ( ie music works over bluetooth but phone calls do not work/connect ). But after following instructions found later in this form about installing 'bluetooth phonebook' app and performing several other step I manged to get it working as well. And by working I mean, music and phonebook/contact still works and now I can place and receive phone calls.

Just wanted to share a couple more notes on this:
I went a step further than the instructions and cleared my bluetooth cache after I deleted/forgot the pairing in my bluetooth settings. This may have been unnecessary but I didn't want to take any chances.
Also, I re-enabled the honda link assistant after testing and it didn't seem to have an effect for me, everything still worked. I would recommend still follow the instructions to the letter and re-enable afterwards just to be sure. When I have some time I'll investigate further and see if there was something specific in the instructions that fixed it.

Anyways, thanks to those who posted the solution.

PS. Google should be ashamed of themselves.... I wonder if I can get a credit on the phone since they are clearly not supporting their phone and customers as promised when the phone was bought! Wishful thinking, I know, but stranger things have happened.

Nora_B

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
My husband and I recently got a Pixel and a Pixel XL, respectively. Neither one can see/pair to the bluetooth on our Honda C-RV. I've read MANY reports describing this same issue with a variety of Hondas, and phone running Android 7.1.1.

I should note that my previous phone, a Samsung Note 4, had no issue seeing the link in the car and pairing to it. And in the last few days, my son tried and succeeded pairing his iPhone to my car's bluetooth. So there is no issue with the car system.

This is not good!!!! Especially with what we paid for these phones! Google should get their act together and send us the fix. BTW, I am on the latest OS update, which apparently was supposed to fix this issue, but still does not work.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My husband and I recently got a Pixel and a Pixel XL, respectively. Neither one can see/pair to the bluetooth on our Honda C-RV. I've read MANY reports describing this same issue with a variety of Hondas, and phone running Android 7.1.1.

I should note that my previous phone, a Samsung Note 4, had no issue seeing the link in the car and pairing to it. And in the last few days, my son tried and succeeded pairing his iPhone to my car's bluetooth. So there is no issue with the car system.

This is not good!!!! Especially with what we paid for these phones! Google should get their act together and send us the fix. BTW, I am on the latest OS update, which apparently was supposed to fix this issue, but still does not work.

What model year is the CR-V? Does it use the HondaLink system? Pull out the manual and follow the instructions exactly for pairing a phone. I paired my Pixel XL to a rental Accord a couple of weeks ago and it was a little quirky, but it worked. Try deleting any paired phones in the car's memory, then starting from there.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Good news!

Google Fixes Android 7.1.1's In-Car Bluetooth Woes | Androidheadlines.com

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

Hopefully, this is true and Google will get it straightened out. I wonder how they will deal with the faulty code included in Nougat that was issued to all of the other manufacturers. It is a Nougat issue, not a Pixel issue and contrary to what is suggested in that article, the issue is not limited to 7.1. They better fix it in the 7.0 version issued to everyone else, as well.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Good to know. I also have a 2016 Mazda 6 and my Pixel XL is arriving today. I had issues pairing on my Nexus 6P where the metadata would either go missing or it would fail to connect frequently. BTW I love this car :)

One thing that has cropped up for me with my Pixel and 2016 Mazda6 is sometimes the car decides not to reconnect to the phone when I start it up. I know it's not the Pixel, since my Moto 360 is still connected (and the phone itself, if you go into the settings, thinks it's connected to the car). This problem will persist through turning the car off and on again. However, simply turning the Pixel's Airplane Mode on then off fixes the problem.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
One thing that has cropped up for me with my Pixel and 2016 Mazda6 is sometimes the car decides not to reconnect to the phone when I start it up. I know it's not the Pixel, since my Moto 360 is still connected (and the phone itself, if you go into the settings, thinks it's connected to the car). This problem will persist through turning the car off and on again. However, simply turning the Pixel's Airplane Mode on then off fixes the problem.
I have noticed that too, sometimes. I think it has to do with Doze and it stops searching to reconnect to devices. All I have to do is open the Bluetooth menu and select the car and it reconnects right away.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

This happened to me twice so far in the week and a half that I've had my Pixel, once in my 2016 Mazda 6 and once in my wife's 2016 Nissan Murano. Toggling the BT off and then on again in the quick settings fixed it both times...

killface0

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had these same issues in my 2014 Dodge Durango. Phone connected but no audio. She says she can hear me, but I can't hear my fiance. I followed the steps to Reset my Network Settings while I was at work. This did NOT fix the bluetooth issue, but made a new issue. I can no longer connect to my work's Wi-Fi, specifically it says "Connected, No internet". No one else is having these issues on their phones at work. I am able to connect to my network at home with no issues.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Since I've gotten my replacement Pixel XL, the issue is *mostly* fixed. I say mostly because I still get the occasional *skip* while listening to music on Google Play Music, but it's far better than it used to be. I may get one skip in a song early on when I start streaming, and then the playback will be fine the rest of the time that I listen. Previously with my old phone, once it started skipping I couldn't even get through 1 song without multiple skips. So take that for what it's worth, maybe there's some sort of issue with certain batches of Pixel phones and the bluetooth chips, or maybe it's a combination of hardware/software, but whatever it is, my new phone has less of a problem than my old phone did.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me twice so far in the week and a half that I've had my Pixel, once in my 2016 Mazda 6 and once in my wife's 2016 Nissan Murano. Toggling the BT off and then on again in the quick settings fixed it both times...

Yeah, toggling BT off and on works as well, as I also recently discovered. An annoyance but not a big deal.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I was using a Windows 8.1 phone for a couple of years and became very accustomed to the great hands free / BT functionality in my car. Went with an Android phone recently thinking that if Windows had a really good BT experience then Google's must be phenomenal. Boy was I wrong! Using a Moto-g the experience has been terrible from what I was used to but figured that the Pixel would be at least on par with Windows phones. Glad I haven't pulled the trigger on purchasing a Pixel yet!

I went through the same thing a couple of years ago. When I originally switched (from my beloved Nokia Lumia 920) I was utterly shocked at how little I was able to do via my bluetooth headset. Windows phone was able to read and reply to texts over bluetooth 3 years ago. Until recently I couldn't do that with Android.

Carl Samuels

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Google Pixel XL and my 2014 Subaru, it will connect to the car but when I get a text or call the phone does not acknowledge. My previous Windows phone worked fine in the same car so it is not the car system.

sprtfan

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Beta 7.1.2 update that was having problems with clipping/skipping/popping over BT? I'm having problems also and was hoping that the update might fix it.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I am interested also. If 7.1.2 fixes this I may download it. But at least we'll know this will be corrected with the final release in two months.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
With your Ford Sync vehicles, does the Pixel automatically reconnect if it has not been connected for awhile or if the Pixel has been rebooted? I sometimes have to go into the bluetooth menus on both the truck and on the phone and try to get them to connect. Sometimes it works, sometimes it takes several tries. If they are disconnected for a short time they will usually automatically reconnect, but not if there is a significant period of time where they are not connected. I have Sync 3 with the latest (Dec. 2016) update. This issue is terribly frustrating.

The bluetooth issue and not being approved by AT&T as an HD voice device (which precludes me from using numbersync with my Gear S3) are my biggest gripes about the Pixel. This second issue is on AT&T, but it is still a problem.
No, I rarely ever have to re-pair them. But, I have the old Sync in both vehicles and not Sync 3.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
No, I rarely ever have to re-pair them. But, I have the old Sync in both vehicles and not Sync 3.
I don't have to re-pair. I just have to go into the bluetooth menu and hit connect and go into Sync and hit connect for the XL to reconnect. Every other phone (not on Nougat) reconnects to the system as long as it was paired and bluetooth is turned on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReaperAU