Pixel notification light?

ash_3prem

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
i am also waiting for the phone and waiting to see its true potentials i have used two nexus devices and both of them i have used so roughly that they all end up qualifiying the exam .
i have put 4 games online parallely on both of them and simultaneously 9 games offline and none of them was at the start while switching but they all were at the same position where i left them
and here comes the PIXEL it just boosted me up . its gonna be a lot more fun .

James Graham5

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
To not have a notification light is a travesty, I've been using a lumia 950xl, yes it does have glance screen, but it's just not the same. I need my notification light.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry didn't see this thread, yes it does. Same question was in the XL forum and answered that a couple of days ago.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry didn't see this thread, yes it does. Same question was in the XL forum and answered that a couple of days ago.

One more example of why a combined forum for both Pixel and Pixel XL would make more sense than two separate ones... :)

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any problem looking at both forums. But then I liked it better when they had them separated by carrier.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I actually prefer NOT having a notification LED thanks to the Nexus 6. When I got the N6 I was bummed it didn't have one, but then I realized how annoying they are. Now I'm on the S7E and I hate the LED. I have to keep my phone face down all night as it's super bright blinking all night...

Completely agree with you here. Flashing lights all night long are annoying.

Moto has the absolute best notifications in my opinion with their active displays.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Completely agree with you here. Flashing lights all night long are annoying.

Moto has the absolute best notifications in my opinion with their active displays.

The LED is easily disabled for those of you who don't want it: In Android 7, Settings -> Notifications -> [Gear icon] -> Pulse notification light. It can also be disabled in Android 6 and, probably, earlier releases as well.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
The LED is easily disabled for those of you who don't want it: In Android 7, Settings -> Notifications -> [Gear icon] -> Pulse notification light. It can also be disabled in Android 6 and, probably, earlier releases as well.
Actually, I should think it would be off by default and need to be turned on for those that do want it

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, a reddit user had received his Pixel phone and he has the photos of the notification light, take a look:- https://m.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/5789l8/telstra_australia_has_sent_out_the_pixel/

just to piggyback this comment. The image is this one for those who doesn't like clicking links to find it.

left is the nexus 5 and right is the pixel.
bpqISwi.jpg

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I am curious as they are in the wild now if anybody has loaded up LightFlow and played with it and it works as expected on Pixel?

coolpher

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
To answer the question at hand yes I have the pixel XL and it does have a notification like that changes colors depending on what Notificationcomes in

Go to settings >notifications> Then click on the gear in the upper right-hand corner >toggle on pulse notification light

As everyone says if you want to control the notification LED find one of the apps they talked about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord