Pixel Watch to Pixel Watch 2

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
It's been a few months now and I'm wondering if someone here who moved from the original Pixel Watch to the Pixel Watch 2 would be so kind as to provide us with an actual user review of whether they believe a Pixel watch change is worthwhile or not - and why. TIA

Reactions: FF22

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I made the switch from the OG PW to the PW2. I don't think I'd have done it without the sale Best Buy had ($50 off) and giving me $80 credit for my older watch (which was increased to $110 when Google offered that).

The battery life is noticeably increased from the original. With Always-On Display, I can still get about 36 hours before having to charge it.

The watch seems snappier as well, maybe due to the new processor?

I am disappointed that I can't take advantage of the irregular heart notifications. Apparently if you've been diagnosed with afib (which I was on my OG PW), you aren't eligible for that feature.

Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with my purchase.

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I made the switch from the OG PW to the PW2. I don't think I'd have done it without the sale Best Buy had ($50 off) and giving me $80 credit for my older watch (which was increased to $110 when Google offered that).

The battery life is noticeably increased from the original. With Always-On Display, I can still get about 36 hours before having to charge it.

The watch seems snappier as well, maybe due to the new processor?

I am disappointed that I can't take advantage of the irregular heart notifications. Apparently if you've been diagnosed with afib (which I was on my OG PW), you aren't eligible for that feature.

Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with my purchase.
Thanks for the info. Happy to hear that you are pleased with the upgrade.

Because I am primarily interested in the health information abilities of the Pixel Watch 2, I am trying to understand your inability to use the irregular heart notifications. Does Fitbit block your use of the notifications based upon what is in their saved database? Do they let you know that you are not eligible for that feature because of the data they have collected from you in the past? I am not certain, but I think that I might have had the odd irregular heartbeat notification using the Fitbit ECG app (and lots of Inconclusive - too low to measure results). I suspect others may have as well and that a few false positives will get through. In any event, it just seems like using your past data on a watch (not an actual piece of medical equipment, after all, and used for informational purposes only) to deny you a service available to others is pretty questionable, at best, and an invasion of your privacy, at worse.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The ECG app is what caught my AFib, so I was just thinking that's what caused them to not let me use that feature. But I should reach out to them to verify.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This is the screen I get when I tried to set it up. 2nd screenshot shows the history of my being in AFib.

Since I haven't been in AFib since early September, I just wanted to have a way for my watch to catch me in AFib, rather than having to run the test. I had no other symptoms other than the watch showing my HR flying all over the place, as high as 130. I was just hoping to use it to keep an eye on it for me
ebae3d0a8997573d2a5b965b4fd85634.jpg
a5c860593e262262b07a5d7b0a827468.jpg

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On Watch One, I get the occasional Afib, Inconclusives and Normal Rhythm readouts.

I do NOT sleep with the watch. Would this "disable" that feature in the Watch 2 or is there some specific diagnosis it is referring to? I looked at that page but am not clear.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
On Watch One, I get the occasional Afib, Inconclusives and Normal Rhythm readouts.

I do NOT sleep with the watch. Would this "disable" that feature in the Watch 2 or is there some specific diagnosis it is referring to? I looked at that page but am not clear.
Those readings come from me manually running the ECG app, so I don't think not sleeping with the watch would have any impact.