Plugging TBolt into MAC...Error

ntrimm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Please help. When I plug my t-Bolt into my MAC I get this error that says "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" And the only options I have are "ignore" and "eject" When I hit either of these I get nothing. All I am trying to do is plug in and transfer pictures and video files. It did work twice at first, but now nothing. Any ideas??

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't done this with my TB yet but I used to get the same error when plugging my Incredible into my Mac. Never did figure it out, just started relying on Bluetooth for all my transfers. :( Hopefully someone will have a fix.

ntrimm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done this with my TB yet but I used to get the same error when plugging my Incredible into my Mac. Never did figure it out, just started relying on Bluetooth for all my transfers. :( Hopefully someone will have a fix.

Yeah I hope so too. I relied on the Bluetooth as well last night and its much slower than the USB. :(

Skeletronix

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. Here's the solution!!

Entertainment and Apps from Verizon Wireless - V CAST Media Manager

hit this link and download the "Vcast Media Manager for Mac"
This will install a driver that is needed to read the sd card. You don't have to use the (awful) program. You may need to reboot. Just click ignore when the message comes up and it should mount as "noname".
Seems like some people didn't need to do this, but I did and it works fine now. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Itaer

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
You need to change the connection setting for the phone. Pull down the notification bar and you'll see a connection setting. Click that and you'll see several options for how the phone should act when connected. Choose "USB Disk mode" (something to that effect) and the phone will mount on your desktop as a connected drive.

Reactions: Rem and SPD

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You need to change the connection setting for the phone. Pull down the notification bar and you'll see a connection setting. Click that and you'll see several options for how the phone should act when connected. Choose "USB Disk mode" (something to that effect) and the phone will mount on your desktop as a connected drive.

You can set this up as the default operation.

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
^^This. I got the same message on my mac. I just click ignore and set the phone to disc mode. Works fine.

Reactions: Rem

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
With my Incredible I'd get the ignore/eject warning even after setting it to disk mode. Now, for whatever reason, my TB isn't even giving me the option to switch from charge-only when I plug it in (and the error still pops up on the Mac).

I just went into settings -> connect to PC and "Ask me" is checked. Hmm. Also switched default connection type to disk drive but no dice.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I rebooted and now my "Choose a connection type" menu is back when I plug in. Clicking ignore on the Mac and then switching to disk mode like everyone is suggesting works fine. Thanks, guys!

Reactions: SPD

ntrimm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
With my Incredible I'd get the ignore/eject warning even after setting it to disk mode. Now, for whatever reason, my TB isn't even giving me the option to switch from charge-only when I plug it in (and the error still pops up on the Mac).

I just went into settings -> connect to PC and "Ask me" is checked. Hmm. Also switched default connection type to disk drive but no dice.

Same thing here!

bmcclure937

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I simply hit ignore. It is all BS. I wish the TB had stock Android and you would not have to deal with that problem.

It is simply HTC Sense not letting it mount properly... if you ignore the error it mounts just fine.