[Poll] So, how you liking Gingerbread so far?

What do you think about the Gingerbread update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The visual changes were minor at best (my screen now looks exactly like that of an EVO Shift), but these "under the hood" enhancements are definitely a large improvement. My EVO definitely runs smoother and quicker, so I'm very happy with it.

Reactions: mrpre5

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
It's ok. It's like when a girlfriend changes her hair color. Kinda cool when you play with it for the first time, after that...it's still the same girlfriend.

Yea, but if you've got a hot girlfriend and she's the same hot girlfriend with a different hair color, that should be a bit more entertaining. At least it would be for me. :cool:

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
I suppose I expected something more to change visually, but the fact that the visual changes are minor, isn't necessarily a bad thing. We're not going to get an updated Sense. Is Launcher pro better than Sense?

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Dark_Blu;968170 Is Launcher pro better than Sense?[/QUOTE said:
IMO, no. Sense has way nicer graphics. LauncherPro can make for a nice change if you're sick of Sense, but you'll be back eventually. I've tried them all. there IS a 2.3 gingerbread launcher in the market that will make your phone look like a Nexus S if you want it too...It's fun and it works.

rawmustard

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
A couple of visual changes I like, but I'm not necessarily liking that that lock code entry screen was changed from its translucent/dark scheme to resemble other keypads. I guess I can live with it if the other improvements are well worth it. I was also glad to see the stock browser updated to move the stop/reload button out of the address bar. It'll probably take a few recharge cycles to judge whether battery life has truly improved, but so far it looks promising even with the quick dissolves exiting most apps.

Kerti#AC

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Work's perfect with me. My phone run's much smoother, and I've noticed my battery isn't diminishing as fast. Much better than Froyo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myicc