Porting help.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm not entirely sure. I have bad service in my home so I can never get data connection or mms. So I can't say anything about the internet or mms. I think they'd proly work though.

I've noticed a few things:

First, the phone does not have a lot of the JoyOS apps, so that could be increased on.
Second, holding home down crashes the rom.
Third, there is some lag, but overclocking seems to fix it.
Fourth, voice search does not work. Fixed by deleting by TB and reinstalling using the Play store.
Fifth, there are some instances with the chinese text, but much, much less than ThatGuyLurkings.
Sixth, in comparison to ThatGuyLurking's, I'd say they're about even. ThatGuyLurking's OS feels much more like the iOS than this one, but this one's performance bests ThatGuyLurking's.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Guys guys!

Just make a backup, flash, test, flash back.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Hey TGL, do you have any ideas on why the Market wasn't working on your port of it? Also perhaps you could use the language changes from BackHandLegend's port to stop all the chinese? I don't know, I have no idea when it comes to developing.

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
WHOA WHOA lol guys the details were in the second post -__-
Anyway no, mms doesn't work, this isn't the latest JoyOS (which doesn't really matter I mean you get no new things other than the JoyOS app store which is pointless) and yes 3G works IF YOU HAVE READ THE SECOND PAGE!!!!!!!!! :3

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought you said it did :O

I ported another version from the forums someone posted of the samsung phone, that one did have the white statusbar, however when I ported it I kept getting phone FCs. I tried many things to fix it, but nothing worked. So I'm going to be spending more time on the version I uploaded.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
WHOA WHOA lol guys the details were in the second post -__-
Anyway no, mms doesn't work, this isn't the latest JoyOS (which doesn't really matter I mean you get no new things other than the JoyOS app store which is pointless) and yes 3G works IF YOU HAVE READ THE SECOND PAGE!!!!!!!!! :3

Hahah in the second page? Oh man. You know these forums. It sucks to read every post. Usually I just read the first two or three and then only really recent ones. ANYWAYS. This might help you fix the mms on your port: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/561600-guide-how-fix-mms-ported-roms.html

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
@BHL ohhhh cool just want to make sure since my 3g is acting and wont let me download it lol but yes your I Droid port is very stable except for mms, glade to hear that your going to keep on working on the idroid :D ill keep an eye on this thread and hopefully the new thread ios 3!!
@ TGL its almost Friday :D your rom is also stable with mms but the language in setting options are in Chinese and Google play is not working
@ both of you guys........Thank you guys!!!!:) very cool experience ios on my ov :cool:

Don't give up! We thank ya!

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Jesus. Alot of stuff. Dude, its a port. :p

Ill make a better build later. Chinese txt will be there no matter what. Its made by Asian Devs.

JoyOS.cn

Reactions: Badboytoast

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I saw that CN said he might make a guide on how to do it with framework.jar. He said Gingerbread roms mms is contained in the framework.jar, not the framework-res(which is where mms is at on ics roms). So that makes sense that it wouldn't work for you for the framework-res, cuz this is a gb rom. So hopefully CN will post how to fix mms from the framework.jar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD