Post All Eris 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

G

GenericMessage

Oh geez, never ever call VZW tech support about the 2.1 update!

When the Droid was updating I got many different answers:

"2.1 is already out, has been for weeks"

"whats 2.1?"

"I was not aware of any google devices"

"The Droid is not 2.1 compatible"

So tech support is a bad place to call

CrackMonkey91

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
i know this has nothing to do with anything but i just look at how many people are viewing the forums and this is the first time i have see the eris have more people viewing it then the Moto Droid

DROID RULES

G

GenericMessage

relax go to the htc website and not only have they announced the ota but also gives instruction on how to.....i think by tomorrow verizon should updated the page.....

Lol I got 2.1 :p so I am already relaxed my friend.

I was simply having anguish for all my Eris carrying brothers!

G

GenericMessage

Hum......im beyond relaxed.....i have the droid incredible....im keeping tabs on the eris forums for my wife

ooooooooooooook..........

Anywho folks, really? No word on the update from anywhere?

It makes me concerned that it hasn't dropped at all. But with the update from VZW at-least you know it WILL!

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Lol I got 2.1 :p so I am already relaxed my friend.

I was simply having anguish for all my Eris carrying brothers!

ooooooooooooook..........

Anywho folks, really? No word on the update from anywhere?

It makes me concerned that it hasn't dropped at all. But with the update from VZW at-least you know it WILL!

Nothing ive been surfing different sites and not a peep

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
It's live. This is from VZW: (Note that I didn't ask about going into a Verizon store at all)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: May 12, 2010 6:39 AM
Subject: RE: RE: Phones Currently Offered (WFM60046535)
To: <

Good Day Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is John, and I will be assisting you regarding the 2.1 software upgrade for the HTC Droid Eris. I apologize for the previous miscommunication. I want to ensure that each customer service interaction that you have with me is not only a memorable one, but also a positive one.

Good News! The 2.1 software upgrade for the HTC Droid Eris is now available. The upgrade was released on 5/11/10.

As previously stated, the Android operating system software updates will be rolled out in stages. When a software update for the HTC Droid Eris is released, it will not be necessary to visit a Verizon Wireless store. The software update will be available through an over-the-air software download. For more information on the HTC Droid Eris, I recommend visiting the HTC Website. for your convenience, I have provided a link to the HTC website below:

HTC Mobile Phones - DROID ERIS Verizon - Overview

It is Verizon Wireless' aim to resolve all of your wireless concerns the first time you contact us. I hope by assisting you with the 2.1 software upgrade for the HTC Droid Eris I have done that for you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or feel your concerns are not resolved, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

John