Post here if you have GOOD battery life

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
maybe we need a post with people who are getting good battery life and some things they have done to get it.

Post what battery you are using, extended or stock.

I am running the extended battery, bought it with the phone and put it in the phone before my first power up so I have never tried the stock one.

I took the phone off the charger this morning at 7am, checked an email and went back to sleep till 9am, checked phone and battery was still at 100% (good news) from 9am until 5pm I have had mild to moderate use on it, a bunch of phone calls, a bunch of texting, a fair amount of web browsing and just your basic new phone toying around and here it s almost 5:30 and I am at 75%, this is only day 2 for me

I do not have any friend feeds going and did start the blockbuster app, update and disable movie updating.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
im not having a problem with the battery. 6:30am to 5:30pm 55%. moderate use. used some nav for a short trip. talked for about 30 mins, good amount of texting, showing off the phone. an watched youtube.

stock battery

Last edited:

elchip

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The 2750 mAh battery works like a dream... No compromises needed, I can leave GPS and stuff on all the time, I don't fret about what might be running in the background, and I'm using it heavily and still above 80% after 5.5 hours of use.

For those considering it, I say it's well worth the bulge.

Reactions: lovy and Chrisy

umbasa

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
stock battery

went yesterday from a full charge and unplugging it at about 11 am and went on till about 2 or 3 am. during that time i turned data and gps and wifi on as i needed it. dont have much of anything other than gmail synced. also during that time friends and family kept playing with my phone (games, facebook, texts, 720p videos, 8mp pics). brightness widget set to dim or medium inside and high when outside in the sun.

overall im pretty surprised by this battery.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
After going through battery hell I came here and received great advice, I changed sync time from 1 hour to 4 hours, learned how to exit apps (used to hit the home key) thought that was the same thing as exiting until I woke up with a dead phone. Downloaded Dolphin Browser so that I can surf the web and actually have the option to exit what I was viewing instead of just using the back key because that does not always mean it has ended. Also went from a live screen to a regular one and decreased brightness to 25%, because I am still learning (old iphone4 user) I check manage apps to make sure certain things are not running. *WHEW* since doing all of from 10:35am with a full charge and not plugged in until now which is 5:47 I am still half full and that is with surfing listening to music playing games, phone calls, texting and downloading music. Hope this helps someone. Oh all of this is without extended battery. will be getting one but I prob will only use it when going out.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I would call mine average

I have brightness at ~30%, facebook and twitter sync every few hours (I check it if I care to see), un-sync news and stock feeds, use wifi whenever I can, etc.

I'd say if I didn't charge it at all I'd get roughly 8 hours of constant use. I am always charging mine though at home or at work when I can.

cman6453

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
maybe we need a post with people who are getting good battery life and some things they have done to get it.

Post what battery you are using, extended or stock.

I am running the extended battery, bought it with the phone and put it in the phone before my first power up so I have never tried the stock one.

I took the phone off the charger this morning at 7am, checked an email and went back to sleep till 9am, checked phone and battery was still at 100% (good news) from 9am until 5pm I have had mild to moderate use on it, a bunch of phone calls, a bunch of texting, a fair amount of web browsing and just your basic new phone toying around and here it s almost 5:30 and I am at 75%, this is only day 2 for me

I do not have any friend feeds going and did start the blockbuster app, update and disable movie updating.

Is it the 1600mah Seidio battery you're using?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
After going through battery hell I came here and received great advice, I changed sync time from 1 hour to 4 hours, learned how to exit apps (used to hit the home key) thought that was the same thing as exiting until I woke up with a dead phone. Downloaded Dolphin Browser so that I can surf the web and actually have the option to exit what I was viewing instead of just using the back key because that does not always mean it has ended. Also went from a live screen to a regular one and decreased brightness to 25%, because I am still learning (old iphone4 user) I check manage apps to make sure certain things are not running. *WHEW* since doing all of from 10:35am with a full charge and not plugged in until now which is 5:47 I am still half full and that is with surfing listening to music playing games, phone calls, texting and downloading music. Hope this helps someone. Oh all of this is without extended battery. will be getting one but I prob will only use it when going out.

If only more people would be as proactive as you, we wouldn't have so many complaints!

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Nonn to 5:40 and at 87% yesterday I had a good stretch too, waiting for the battery to condition before i make a judgement call. Also, I have managed my syncing and did the blockbuster fix! something i think a lot of folks are not doing.

Today i have tried to ignore the new phone behaviour - turning it on just to look at it, staring at the battery icon to see if i can see it going down, etc. etc. Since noon I have only used it for calls and email etc. when needed, just like i would with a phone i have owned for a while.

devindpotts

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Battery has been doing well so far.

Unplugged battery last night so phone was at idle over the night while I slept until about 9 a.m. Then through the day I have been using it mainly for text and calls. It's been unplugged for 18 hours now and I'm just now down to 20% :)

Sorry about picture quality, it was taken with my old Droid 1

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Nonn to 5:40 and at 87% yesterday I had a good stretch too, waiting for the battery to condition before i make a judgement call. Also, I have managed my syncing and did the blockbuster fix! something i think a lot of folks are not doing.

Today i have tried to ignore the new phone behaviour - turning it on just to look at it, staring at the battery icon to see if i can see it going down, etc. etc. Since noon I have only used it for calls and email etc. when needed, just like i would with a phone i have owned for a while.
Do I need to do Blockbuster fix? I never even opened it.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

what is the Blockbuster fix?

bearcat237

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

How exactly do you exit out of applications properly? I am coming from a storm where I just hit the escape(back) button until the application closes.
Is there a better way to do this?

I'm having horrible battery life with moderate use so I am of no help to this actual thread.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Also I have been letting it get down to 75-80% then doing a recharge.

Better for LithIon batteries if you do small recharges over huge dissipation then recharge.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Battery has been doing well so far.

Unplugged battery last night so phone was at idle over the night while I slept until about 9 a.m. Then through the day I have been using it mainly for text and calls. It's been unplugged for 18 hours now and I'm just now down to 20% :)

Sorry about picture quality, it was taken with my old Droid 1
noob question..How do I get to that stat page?

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
How exactly do you exit out of applications properly? I am coming from a storm where I just hit the escape(back) button until the application closes.

I'm having horrible battery life with moderate use so I am of no help to this actual thread.
That is the proper way but I wasn't even doing that I was hitting the home key thinking it was closed but on top of that I also changed what i stated above. Friendstream was killing my battery I removed it. I also went to manage apps to see what was running from what was not. Also all of the web pages I had visited didn't really close so I downloaded Dolphin HD and now use that.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

Same way.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Do I need to do Blockbuster fix? I never even opened it.

Some folks have reported that a process was running (DRM) that was eating up their battery. Many said they hadn;t touched the blockbuster app, but who knows. Basically open up the blockbuster app. Tell it to update, then go in and tell it to disable movie updates. Evidently it is set to do movie updates by default. I didnt have the issue with a runaway PVMtpServiceStart process, but i did just in case it woke up and decided to cause me issues.

Reactions: lovy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu