PRIV will probably be my last BlackBerry

• Thread starter Deleted member 2678566
  • Start date

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
New blackberry is supposed to be announced next month. It might feet your requirements. I could never used to Samsung skin. It is just too much of everything. I like stock android. Simple and effective.
That new phone is a redux of the DTEK50, not a flagship. Basically a DTEK50 with waterproofing with specs of a KEYone with the keyboard removed. And knowing BlackBerry they will keep the same ridiculous price.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I miss my PRIV and the BlackBerry Android stack. I have an S8+ now as the KeyONE did not interest me (not looking for a pkb). Not sure if I'll ever go back now unless they release an all touch flagship with truly high end specs. We shall see...

Well there are rumours about Blackberry launching TWO devices later this year. October and November. Code named "Krypton" and "Juno". :) The one device only has the Snapdragon 625 but the 4000mAh battery will be awesome. There hasn't been much news about the second device but that might have some higher specs in it. Don't think anything higher than a 821 though. Blackberry is definitely staying away from the cutting edge tech stuff. So don't lose hope. You might be holding a new Blackberry device soon. :D

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Well there are rumours about Blackberry launching TWO devices later this year. October and November. Code named "Krypton" and "Juno". :) The one device only has the Snapdragon 625 but the 4000mAh battery will be awesome. There hasn't been much news about the second device but that might have some higher specs in it. Don't think anything higher than a 821 though. Blackberry is definitely staying away from the cutting edge tech stuff. So don't lose hope. You might be holding a new Blackberry device soon. :D
Heh. I'll always be keeping an eye on what BlackBerry pumps out. We shall see.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

The thing is that 625 is fast. Just look at this speed comparison between KEYone vs S8

]https://youtu.be/CQbc2D4lY7s

There is not a whole lot of difference. I think 4GB of memory will be useful upgrade.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The thing is that 625 is fast. Just look at this speed comparison between KEYone vs S8

]https://youtu.be/CQbc2D4lY7s

There is not a whole lot of difference. I think 4GB of memory will be useful upgrade.

Just by the way, your Youtube link contains a closing bracket before the URL (http) so the link doesn't work. :)
I definitely agree for everyday tasks you won't notice much of a difference the 625 and 835. The KEYone is certainly a power house device. The lower screen resolution also helps with loading Apps quicker. The 835 is mainly geared towards VR gaming and providing a lot of power for it. Most people don't use VR so to them, its not that important. I think people just see 6xx and presume its a fair bit slower than a 8xx processor. So I'm very happy to see the 625 processor returning for another device.

iamci

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I've tried to move on from BlackBerry but keep going back to it for the PKB. Problem is, I was unimpressed by the Priv and even though the Keyone was so well received by reviewers online, I found it rather disappointing. I think at this point, I will buy another Priv just for sh*ts and giggles because you can get them online for such low prices.

Jmmorales

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I've had BlackBerry phones since 2009. And I have loved them all. BlackBerry 10 was also my favourite OS for a long, long time.

I decided to delve in to Android straight away when the PRIV got released after it became apparent that resources in to BB10 were being cutback.

I have loved my PRIV and I feel like purchasing it has been the right decision but I also don't think BlackBerry actually gets it anymore what consumers actually want.

Yes, I really do value my security and that had been one of the main reasons why I have stuck by them. BlackBerry's commitment to maintain the PRIV for its entire lifetime was welcome and nice to hear.

But Google has moved Android a lot and has really taken a firm grip on security issues. They started the Android Security Bulletin meaning all Google phones were updated regularly every calender month. BlackBerry obviously was always just behind them as well.

But I really can't see myself falling in love with the future BlackBerry devices. PRIV was a flagship but already it's falling apart in my view. I have really bad issues with charging now. This only started roughly about June. Basically every Micro USB cable I buy doesn't last very long at all making me to decide I really need a USB C phone pronto.

Because of this, I feel like I have been paying flagship prices for devices that do not last the distance.

I've been really excited by the Google Keynote launch and really am in awe of the Pixel. Basically the Pixel is the same price of my PRIV when I bought it when it was released in November. And I feel like I could do a lot more things and get a lot more out of it.

Yes I will miss the HUB, yes I will miss the BlackBerry keyboard but I really think this is an end of an era for BlackBerry and me. Who knows, maybe I will change my mind in a year because I can't justify buying another flagship phone. In all honesty I do hope I win a Pixel competition so I can do away with the frustrating quirks my PRIV keeps giving me a lot sooner than I hope.

It can also be extremely frustrating how I can no longer type while I try and charge my PRIV at the same time. Mayb it's a software issue that has never been fixed. Maybe it's just the hardware breaking. Either way I do not expect any flagship devices to cause me frustrations. Or maybe I am just over sensitive. I am Autistic after all and it can have some bearing.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this long winded post and any previous contributions I have made throughout the year.

Willing to trade for a MOTO X Pure 2015 6gb

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One thing for sure in the tech world is you never say never. Except, of course, I will never ever buy an iPhone.
I do have to say this: I will never go back to BlackBerry. Since buying the 5t, I see how stilted my Priv has been. I also like the idea of being able to continue to update the is long after the company stops supporting the device.

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I ofter feel the same way but then I think security, security, security and I will probably never leave BlackBerry.

they used to make good phone that lasted but my current one is not lasting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chariesdevil