Question Privacy dashboard disabling

TICristian

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone!!

I am new with you and with android 13. I have an Oppo Find X3 Pro and I find it quite a reliable phone. What it bothers me very much is my data privacy.

I've read that privacy dashboard from privacy settings came recently with Android 12 and is for our "privacy", but I think it was better before without it, they should give us an option, to enable it or disable it. For me it's abusive to have an inside system app that's accessing my microphone, camera, location, in short my personal data all the time.

I have removed Digital Wellbeing with ADB for the same reason, but I can't figure out a way to remove Privacy dashboard or somehow to stop it from accessing my personal data.

I hope to find a solution with you guys!

All the best !
Cristian

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think you might be misunderstanding how the Privacy Dashboard works. It's just the system showing you which apps have been accessing what. It doesn't mean the system is somehow snooping. I think this is really helpful, because it shows you at a glance what your installed apps have access to. Considering how sneaky app developers can be, this can be very enlightening.

TICristian

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think you might be misunderstanding how the Privacy Dashboard works. It's just the system showing you which apps have been accessing what. It doesn't mean the system is somehow snooping. I think this is really helpful, because it shows you at a glance what your installed apps have access to. Considering how sneaky app developers can be, this can be very enlightening.

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate your opinion, I understand your point of view, that's the official one too, but I've searched about this and I am not the only one complaining about this. We should have been given the freedom to enable or disable this. For me it's kind of a spying tool. I just want to find a solution to stop it from accessing my data or to disable it, if not delete it.

At least is there a third party app that could help me to hide it from the settings menu? Maybe if I won't see it anymore, I'll forget about it 🙂, but now it's on my mind.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not an opinion, it's how the system works. I really don't see how this could be considered a spying tool. It's the system showing you what your apps are doing. The system still needs to know what your apps are doing in the first place -- the Privacy Dashboard is just reporting it to you, rather than keeping it hidden.

If you don't trust Oppo, then I suggest switching to something like a Pixel phone. Google is very transparent with what it does about your privacy: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your reply! I appreciate your opinion, I understand your point of view, that's the official one too, but I've searched about this and I am not the only one complaining about this. We should have been given the freedom to enable or disable this. For me it's kind of a spying tool. I just want to find a solution to stop it from accessing my data or to disable it, if not delete it.

At least is there a third party app that could help me to hide it from the settings menu? Maybe if I won't see it anymore, I'll forget about it 🙂, but now it's on my mind.
Hi welcome to AC!
Just want remind you we are not associated with any manufacturer and just a bunch of Android enthusiast here , what you are looking to do is delete or disable apps like you mentioned would probably be best to check out XDA Forums as they more geared to things like that .

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

At least is there a third party app that could help me to hide it from the settings menu? Maybe if I won't see it anymore, I'll forget about it , but now it's on my mind.
The only real solution here is for you to get rid of your smartphone and buy a Nokia 3310. If you don't trust the privacy dashboard you can't trust ANYTHING on the system.

It is a bit concerning that you don't trust the privacy dashboard, but you would trust a third party app that interferes with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201