Problem: Random "phantom" settings button presses

Susil Parida

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I have really searched and can't find any other posts here (or anywhere) describing this problem:

Sometimes, randomly, my phone acts as if I were pressing the hard "settings" key and the settings menu pops up and goes away many times, very fast. And the screen is non-responsive for a few seconds after this occurs, though I expect that is because it is working through all those phantom presses.

I also feel the vibration in the phone as if that key was being pressed many, many times all at once. This happens when the phone is not connected to the charger for sure, but i'm not sure if it happens when it is connected, I just haven't noticed.

The only thing that helps, for awhile, is to power down and restart the phone. I have kind of a vague sense that this is related to sending and receiving text messages because it seems to happen most often when I am or have been recently composing a text, or just before a text comes in, but I'm not sure. I thought maybe it was a Handcent issue, but I uninstalled and am using GoSMS now, and the problem is the same.

I am stock, and using Swype. I don't have a screen protector, but do have a hard rubber case on the phone but it happens with or without the case on.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Joe
I had very similar problem. My android was getting self clicked on right hand top corner (Three dot menu area). I have changed "Touch and hold delay" setting from short to long. This annoying issue stopped coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024