problem solved

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried to flash cannibal open touch on my OptiS using flash image gui. now when i try to boot into recovery, all there is a blank screen. i have tried to reflash xionia but the same thing happens. any ideas why?

I would root my wii if it ran on Android, but i have already hacked it. :)

Last edited:

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help?

Have you tried flashing either recovery with ADB?

Try booting into android, connecting to your PC, and using ADB to flash the recovery image.

Flashing Instructions
3) Place the recovery image on your SD Card. 4) Fire up an ADB shell 5) Make sure you are in a root shell. If you are not, execute the "su" command now. 6) Execute "flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img" (replace /path/to/recovery.img with the ACTUAL path to the recovery image) 6a) If you get a "command not found" error with the above command, STOP! Download flash_image (mirror), extract flash_image from the ZIP that you just downloaded (and copy it to the top level of your sd card, and follow the first three commands in the Xionia Recovery instructions. Once you have flash_image installed, do step 6 again. 7) Reboot to recovery mode

Last edited:

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
no. i flashed the one for the optis. and i have never used adb

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Actually, you don't even HAVE to have the cable haha cuz it can be done wirelessly on certain roms. but if you aren't on a custom rom that has adb connect, then you do have to have it :p

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Actually, you don't even HAVE to have the cable haha cuz it can be done wirelessly on certain roms. but if you aren't on a custom rom that has adb connect, then you do have to have it :p

Ha. Fine, you got me there. but USUALLY you'll need the USB cable.....

my experiences with ADB over Wifi haven't been hassle-free......especially on any post-Gingerbread ROMs. When the screen shuts off a lot of times the phone halts the wifi (and 3g, too) and you lose ADB connection....

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
ok case closed. got xionia back. gonna try for cannibal again. also, ive tried to install the correct drivers. never would connect my phone. and a while back the 'puter totally stopped even showing notifications for an unknown device. Thanks.

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help? (solved)

alternatively you can do it all on your phone using a terminal emulator. just rename the img file to something easy to type.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
does cm9 have wireles adb? if so, how would i connect my phone to a computer?

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

does cm9 have wireles adb? if so, how would i connect my phone to a computer?

Connecting your phone to the PC via USB cable is more reliable than connecting via Wifi. But yes, CM9 has ADB over Wifi in the developer options. I believe CM7 does as well.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
back to square 1. no xionia again. now my phone even says i dont have root? im hating my phone right now. any ideas?
(also tried unroot via gingerbreak but it cant mount system as r/w

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, CM9 is ALREADY rooted (as is every other custom ROM--since you have to be rooted to install a custom ROM in the first place). So you are doing something that is breaking root/custom recovery...

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay, CM9 is ALREADY rooted (as is every other custom ROM--since you have to be rooted to install a custom ROM in the first place). So you are doing something that is breaking root/custom recovery...

That's not technically true ;) you just have to have a custom recovery in order to install a custom rom :) I went from unrooted stock straight to Quattrimus the other day without rooting first. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotNot84