Problem with the forum app!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Think we're having problems again!
Just seems intermittent sometimes mine will show up but when I go back to that forum it's the white box with broken pic again! Anyone else? Both times today in this tread it worked another tread it didn't.

Dang! Those speeds are really bad. Almost Sprint bad!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else not able to post pictures using the app?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It's been fine. No problems.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Every time I try I get a message saying, "you may not have permission to perform this action. " then another one saying, "failed to connect, contact administrator if this problem continues. "

So, follow up question, anyone know who the administrator is?

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I get that when I try to post a pic and emailed them about it over a week ago and never heard anything back from them on that issue. I think it has something to do with that passport crap, but since they never responded to my issue, I guess they do not care. Oh well looks like I want be posting pics. I have not had or tried to send any messages to get that error.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Quick update for all. I know we've resolved a couple of issues on this thread already, so thank you for reporting the problems!

Second, I notice that TapaTalk has pushed out an update, so we'll be updating this app shortly. Haven't checked the changelog yet but there's usually a good number of bug fixes included... hope this resolves any outstanding problems!

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Quick update for all. I know we've resolved a couple of issues on this thread already, so thank you for reporting the problems!

Second, I notice that TapaTalk has pushed out an update, so we'll be updating this app shortly. Haven't checked the changelog yet but there's usually a good number of bug fixes included... hope this resolves any outstanding problems!

Is it possible to have the option of saving posted pictures from within the app?

Posted via Android Central App

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
In the forums app, when you go to view an image fullscreen, you should be able to save the image at that point.

How do you even view it fullscreen? When I click on it I'm only presented with options to reply to the post. I must be missing something.

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
How do you even view it fullscreen? When I click on it I'm only presented with options to reply to the post. I must be missing something.

Hi when you press and get those options, the last option should be "more", one of the options in there might help.

Edit: I just went to test my theory but when I press on the picture it zoomed up to full page a had option icons to save etc (like James said). Sorry.

Sent from my MID using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi when you press and get those options, the last option should be "more", one of the options in there might help.

Edit: I just went to test my theory but when I press on the picture it zoomed up to full page a had option icons to save etc (like James said). Sorry.

Sent from my MID using AC Forums mobile app

I think I may have spotted my problem. I'm using the Android Central App, not the Android Central Forums App. Up until just now I thought there was only one AC app. :)

James,
Will the functionality of the AC Forums app eventually make its way into the full AC app?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
We of course want to bring a consistent experience across all apps. Can be tough with the TapaTalk app at times, because they are a different company, and we have to work with them to implement changes. Our own apps are much easier to change (obviously). That said, we want to work towards one app to rule them all, complete with news, forums, everything, all in one location!

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
We of course want to bring a consistent experience across all apps. Can be tough with the TapaTalk app at times, because they are a different company, and we have to work with them to implement changes. Our own apps are much easier to change (obviously). That said, we want to work towards one app to rule them all, complete with news, forums, everything, all in one location!

That sounds scarey! :eek:
I seem to take eons to get used to a total revamp lol.
Still cant work with gmail & Evernote properly like i used to :(
But still a very good idea :p
One request for me.
Once we go into any forums, topics etc, can that stay at the top?
It took me a while to realise it hadnt dissapeared, now its just annoying to have to scoll down & find where i was. So i hardly go there.
But others might disagree & find the current format handy. :rolleyes::p
Just a Nana thought :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001