Problems after Updating Android to 6.0.1 (Samsung Galaxy J5)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello Guyz!
My mother bought Samsung Galaxy J5 in 2016.It was came with Android 5.0 and my brother updated it to Android 6.0 after that it had several problems. The Facebook that came default with it did not worked I also tried updating it and clearing the data but it didn't worked, also Skype did not worked, Play Store didn't worked and after that my brother again updated it to Android 6.0.1, after that the Playstore worked but Facebook and Skype didn't worked also I can't send any video and pictures and status in Whatsapp. I factory resetted it today and now I can't add google account in it and also the I can't update any status or send any video or photo. Please help that whats the problem I also searched for Android Update but it says that It last update on (blah bhah).
Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know how your brother updated the phone to 6.0.1? Was it an official over-the-air system update, or did he download an update file from a website and manually install it?

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
Hello Guyz!
My mother bought Samsung Galaxy J5 in 2016.It was came with Android 5.0 and my brother updated it to Android 6.0 after that it had several problems. The Facebook that came default with it did not worked (always stuck at loading) I also tried updating it and clearing the data but it didn't worked, also Skype did not worked, Play Store didn't worked and after that my brother again updated it to Android 6.0.1, after that the Playstore worked but Facebook and Skype didn't worked also I can't send any video and pictures and status in Whatsapp. I factory resetted it today and now I can't add google account in it says (There seems to be a problem, please try again later) and also the I can't update any status or send any video or photo in Whatsapp. Please help that whats the problem I also searched for Android Update but it says that It last update on (blah bhah). I am using Wi-Fi and I don't think so there is any problem with it because my brother uses the same connection but he can add status send photos and videos in Whatsapp and also uses Facebook with any problem.(I tried adding google account with data connection and it worked but I accidently turned on Wi-Fi and data connection got off and now there is no balance in it) :(:(:(:(
Thanks in advance

No he did not downloaded it manually or with any website it was officially available on phone

It was Upgradable to Android Marshmallow

One thing more I wanna tell you whenever I try to add google account it says (There seems to be a problem, please try again later) Facebook always stuck at loading and I am using Wi-Fi connection when I tried adding Google account with Cellular Data and it worked but I accidentally turned it off and my balance was out.My brother uses the same connection but his Facebook works and he can add status in Whatsapp and also can share photos and videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your other thread and deleted some of the unnecessary posts referring to that thread.

When you say you're having trouble adding your Google account, do you mean that there is currently no primary Google account on the phone? If you go to Settings>Accounts>Google​, is there an account listed there?

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
No sir there is no other google account in my phone

I somewhere saw that wiping the cahe partition works in J5. But I am worried that it won't take too long and not damage my phone so tell me how much time will it take to Wipe Cache Partition. And if it stuck then can I reboot my phone will it damage my files.
And kindly dear sir reply quickly

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you did the factory reset, did it go through the usual Setup Wizard? Is that where you had trouble logging in with your Google account? If so, did you just skip the step?

What error message do you get when trying to enter your Google account? Are you certain you're entering the correct account name and password (with the keyboard's CAPS LOCK turned off)? Do you have 2 step authentication turned on for your Google account? Have you tried doing this on different wi-fi networks?

Wiping the cache partition usually only takes a few seconds (although in some phones, it could take up to 5 minutes or so). It won't erase any personal data.

FYI, we're all volunteers and community members, so we reply when we can.:)

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
Sir the 2 Step Verification is off and I enter the correct email ID. Basically before factory reset I wanted to Backup contacts in Email address, my brother put his account on the phone when the mobile came but I removed it because I wanted to put my mothers email in it so that I can backup all data in it and after removing that account the problem came in it said that (There seem to be a problem, please try again later) and it don't works with Wi-Fi connection but it works with cellular data I was adding account and it was working but the thing I did wrong was that I turned on W-Fi and cellular data got of and after that other error came in (There was a problem communicating with the server)

Yes it go through usual setup wizard and I skipped it

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
Yes I tried still no luck

I added google account through cellular data and it worked but the problem is that play store is saying connection time out I updated google playstore, Google, Google play services thorugh a website named Apkpure but still no luck I also tried clearing data but it won't work and still I can't add status in Whatsapp or use facebook

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to say if the problem is related to installing those essential Google apps through a 3rd party website. It'd be ideal if you could revert them back to whatever version came installed on the phone, and let them autoupdate on their own through Google's own server.

Also, I don't think you ever answered this -- have you tried on different wi-fi networks? Just because another device works on a wi-fi network, it doesn't mean that you won't have any problems with another device. Sometimes you have to reboot the router (by unplugging its power for 30 seconds). Sometimes it helps to change the DNS server. See this guide for more ideas: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
Sir I don't have any other Wi-Fi networks. And you say that they can update through Google server but Sir Playstore isn't working so how are they gonna update

How to change the DNS server.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confteam