Problems with media on my SD Card

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Heh... I start to consider rooting my Droid, and then suddenly, after so long of it working flawlessly, I start having problems. Ain't that life?
Anyway, I haven't gone and rooted my phone yet, but I did have something weird happen yesterday. I'm helping out a friend with a new printer he got, and I finish up listening to my podcasts and decide to load up some music. Except that Cubed says there is no music on my phone's SD card. (LIES!) And the same goes with the stock music player. (BLATANT LIES!) I reboot my phone, and try again. No go. After a while of futzing around with no results, somehow, my music slowly begins to repopulate my music player. This whole incident also screwed up all the ringtones and notification sounds I had taken the time to put on my SD card and meticulously set up. Everything's fine now, but I found it to be a bit odd. Anyone else have this happen to them?

neubanks89

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you're deleting he media cache on your SD card somehow forcing the music player to have to scan your card for media and add all your music again. Its not a problem with the phone, some app has to be doing it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how any app could be doing it. It worked fine the day before. It was only yesterday did things suddenly go wrong. Didn't touch anything in settings, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord